Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new addition to my family. Thought I'd get him into sport bikes and ladies as early as I could :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Damn, you're the father I wish I had LOL. I used to secretly ride my friend's bikes in the fly ash behind our neighborhood. If I was caught I would have been chewed out. It was mostly a money thing with my family though :(

Cute kid btw.:thumbup:

Teach him good practices while he's a young one-then it will be second nature later on. You never know, you could have the next Travis Pastrana, Nicky Hayden, or dare I say Casey Stoner in that basket LOL. :crackup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Peeps.. We get to bring him home tommorow can't wait :) does anyone know if/where they sell helmets and harness so whens he's a bit older we can ride together? like 8 or something i havent done to much research on the subject.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Peeps.. We get to bring him home tommorow can't wait :) does anyone know if/where they sell helmets and harness so whens he's a bit older we can ride together? like 8 or something i havent done to much research on the subject.
i put my son on a bike for his first time around 3 years old. looking back it was the dumbest thing i have ever done. it was a cruiser with a backrest and he was strapped on but still.

the next time i put him on the back of a bike was my dual sport at age 7 and that was a lot better. by then he had his own crf50 and we had matching gear. i kept the runs short and close to the house and not during busy traffic times.

the rule of gear applies more to you little ones they do make some good gear for young ones but they out grow it so fast.
there is a device made that i found on the net that im not to sure about. it like a heavy leather belt/harness that goes around you and then your little passenger it also has handle bars that end up on your back. lol

so if you feel like walking around at a bike night with handlebars attached to your ass go for it lol.......

just be careful we all know anything could happen at anytime.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Damn, you're the father I wish I had LOL. I used to secretly ride my friend's bikes in the fly ash behind our neighborhood. If I was caught I would have been chewed out. It was mostly a money thing with my family though :(

Cute kid btw.:thumbup:

Teach him good practices while he's a young one-then it will be second nature later on. You never know, you could have the next Travis Pastrana, Nicky Hayden, or dare I say Casey Stoner in that basket LOL. :crackup:
how funny is it if 18 years from now new amazing rider is this kid..news looks up his past and sees this thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts