Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Right, picking up my 03 CBR RR on Saturday. Its only got 13k on the clock and is mint. All very exciting.

It has a Micron exhaust on it and its ridiculously loud. It only just gets through its MOT and for the track in the UK, its breaking all the rules for Db.

What would be a good alternative to get or can I sort this one out?

Hoping for some good advice on hear to get a nice sound out of my new toy.

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
you could buy a baffle for it, cheaper than a new exhaust.

if you're set on a new can, there's lot's out there. my Devil isn't too loud, never had a problem at the track & it looks good. the mrs has a Two Brothers on her 650, bit louder but theres multiple baffles for them, she rides track too. that's two from personal experience. my brother just bought a Delkevic for his F4i, it's tiny & sounds awesome, again, not overly loud but no idea of Db levels.

then there's akrapovic, yoshimura, arrow, scorpion & others. there's plenty of info on all of these on the forum & online

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could buy a baffle for it, cheaper than a new exhaust.

if you're set on a new can, there's lot's out there. my Devil isn't too loud, never had a problem at the track & it looks good. the mrs has a Two Brothers on her 650, bit louder but theres multiple baffles for them, she rides track too. that's two from personal experience. my brother just bought a Delkevic for his F4i, it's tiny & sounds awesome, again, not overly loud but no idea of Db levels.

then there's akrapovic, yoshimura, arrow, scorpion & others. there's plenty of info on all of these on the forum & online
Thanks for the info. Cans do seem expensive. Where would i get a baffle for a bust company (micron)

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you are just looking for a slip on exhaust I would recommend a leo vince. Most of the leo vince slip on's come with a quiet insert which I personally like but dislike at the same time. I found it very useful for my 400 km trip, the only issue I had with it was that it is a pain in the ass to put into the silencer itself. Very clean sounding exhaust though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all,

Right, picking up my 03 CBR RR on Saturday. Its only got 13k on the clock and is mint. All very exciting.

It has a Micron exhaust on it and its ridiculously loud. It only just gets through its MOT and for the track in the UK, its breaking all the rules for Db.

What would be a good alternative to get or can I sort this one out?

Hoping for some good advice on hear to get a nice sound out of my new toy.

Thanks

Pat
if you want to sell that Micron I'd be interested.

you can buy a db killer on ebay. the Micron has a standard size outlet so most will fit it.

you will find the high level pipe loud as it's nearer your ears!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts