Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am trying to fit a new yoshi RS 5 slpi-on before work tomorrow (I am in the UK so it is 9.15). Stupid I know!!

I have gotten all the way up to installing the new zaust when I have realised that ther is a big peice of metal (like a spacer or something) over the existing part of the zaust. Now before I take my mallet and screwdriver to it, is this something that I can safely remove? In addition is there a quick way of doing this?

Help appreciatted especially if it is very quick!

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed it. I accidently drove my screwdriver threw it. It turned out to be a peice of rubber type material with metal (copper i think) woven into it. Looks like some form of seal.

Just hope i dont need to put the old zaust back on cause this piece pete tong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for reference it was between the connection between the old exahust and the main pipe from the engine. It looked like it went between the exhaust and pipe to form a seal - but what do I know, I am just a rookie.

Question - does everyone put that heat shield stuff right the way to the very tip of the tail of the bike. If I do that then I think I will be able to see the heat sheild material from the back of the bike and that will just look stupid.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about with respect to the copper-woven piece, but feel free to remove the heat shield completely. I've been running a Yoshi CF for two years with no heat shield.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this what you are talking about?

It's the gasket if I am not mistaken and I had to remove mine in order to install my Akrapovic. I assume that your exhaust would require the same.
Thats the fella. Well the gasket is completely shot as I managed to kill it with the screw driver!

All finished now though. Couldn't believe how simple a job that was. Had everything against me as it was -3 outside but the zaust if beautiful. Cant wait to try it out properly tomorrow (neighbours wouldnt be impressed if I gave it a proper rev now (its 12.15am!!).

Anyhow thanks for your help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.