Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for new fairings for my 08. I've come across a website KPowersports.com out of Florida. Fair prices and i thought that the delivery time (just a few days) is a whole lot better than the 3-4 weeks of most companies. They say perfect fitment. I was wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this company before and if so, do you recommend them? Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
repeat after me: " AFTERMARKET FAIRINGS ARE NEVER "PERFECT FITMENT" "
It doesnt matter how many times they say it, how funky the font they wrote it in says it, or what ******** guarantee they offer you, THEY ARE NOT PERFECT FITMENT!
It doesnt even matter that they're "based" in the US, they still order them from china and re-sell them to you.

You want perfect fit and good quality? get the OEMs

be cheap and you get paint and plastics that are sh1t (YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!)

and yes, use the search button

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
There are plenty of people that get GREAT results with aftermarket fairings.
and guess what, so did I with my last set of aftermarkets, rated them an 8 out of 10 just like everyone else due to the gaps in between the headlights and some dremel action required for holes.

BUT, first they were a B1TCH to put on. And even when they were on, even though others couldnt tell, I knew they didn't fit right. Certain pieces were always somewhat loose, others so tight every time they were taken off they resulted in paint chipping off.
Even though I would get compliments on the color scheme, I knew the ugly truth behind them.

After a year of riding with them, day to day road debris was hell on the paint, even after babying it.

A very slow lowside (10mph) resulted in them LITERALLY shattering like glass all over the road. I've lowsided with OEMs and were NOWHERE near as bad as the aftermarkets.

You might think "OH, well this is just 1 experience, from 1 vendor"
Well unfortunately I know about a dozen people which have gotten aftermarkets, from different vendors, and all their experiences have been similar (sans lowsides for all of them).
The funny part is that most of these chinese fairings come from the same place and use the same molds/paint; so other than price differences, it really doesnt matter who you get them from.
And dont get me started on the customer service...

I'm not gonna lie, its a cheap, and quick fix to make a bike look better when in need of plastics, but for the long run, and if you care about quality/fit/finish, there's no replacement for OEM's.

At this moment I too am in need of new plastics and I know I will NOT be wasting my time and money on these cheap chinese knockoffs ever again.

best of luck with whatever you pick OP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts