Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so some of you may have seen my post about my accident.
If not, I got in an accident and the fairings are pretty rough.
Wondering if any of you guys have gone for aftermarket fairings, or even OEM replacements and if so where did you get them?
I dont want to get them from Honda because they will cost close to what I paid for the bike lol. Any decent eBay kits out there or anything??
Would love some feedback and pics if you've got 'em!

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
eBay ones will do the job from a distance, but don't fit well, and chip very easy. Pictures don't show what they really look like in person. They look good in pics though. If u get aftermarket (eBay) ones, get a fairing bolt kit. I'll be getting race plastics next time, and cutting out for lights. So much better quality, and way easy to put on and off

·
Registered
426 Posts
There's always a lot of websites for aftermarket.I got mine from motofansclub but heard fatalcycles is also a very good and upcoming website.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Aftermarket

avoid aftermarket at all costs.

Fully agree. I have helped a few guys do aftermarket kits and they are a pain. one kit I have done was great until we got to right mid mounted fine but bowed out some. One day going about 70 fairing ripped off bike in pieces. Have found very few kits that mount properly or fit together tightly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aftermarket sometimes are tempting because they tend to look god but are poor quality. I've learned that OEM is always the way to go unless they don't make an OEM product for a specific part

·
Banned
179 Posts
I just bought a 2008 cbr600rr with aftermarket fairings and imo these are good, not a single chip or even a scratch. The fitment is good except the front has a slight gap that isn't really noticeable. The quality seems better than the 2011 cbr250r oem fairings I had on my last bike. We'll see how they hold up over time but I'll probably have a brand new redesigned 600rr in a couple years so I may never know.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got all oem fairings but order an aftermarket headlight housing(lowslide broke off all my fairings and left light)... Now my fairings don't even fit... stick with oem :]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts