Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Picked up my first bike last fall, a 2007 CBR600RR, red scheme. Got my permit in early March. Signed up for MSF at the end of April. And have my first track day on April 26th in Monticello, NY.

I'd say things are progressing quite nicely. Trying to get in as much ride time as possible in preparation for both events. Previous experiences include spending most of my youth on a dirt bike. Though not quite the same, i'm sure it's helped in cutting the learning curve down considerably.

So, just wanted to introduce myself, see you on the boards!

-Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Newb help, please!

Tried to post a question about whether or not a Teknic Violator Jacket will match the shade of Teknic Mercury leather pants in the Gear forum but failed miserably. (Apparently, the shiny-ness of the two are different and the Chicane pants match better, according to the guys at sportbiketrackgear.)

teng3, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If someone could help me out in solving the problem, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome!

I'm also in NJ (Bergen County). Maybe we can ride sometime. Pretty agressive to go to the track already, but as you said you already rode a dirt bike so take it easy out there!

You can't post for roughly an hour or so after your post in here. It's an automated system that lets you post after you introduce yourself and it takes a little time. I believe it updates at 25 past the hour every hour so by 10:25AM you should be good.

David

Newb help, please!

Tried to post a question about whether or not a Teknic Violator Jacket will match the shade of Teknic Mercury leather pants in the Gear forum but failed miserably. (Apparently, the shiny-ness of the two are different and the Chicane pants match better, according to the guys at sportbiketrackgear.)

teng3, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If someone could help me out in solving the problem, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

David, thanks for the input. I was able to post at 10:25 on the dot ;) Also, regarding the track day, in my eyes, the sooner I get on the track, the sooner I can learn about my bike and it's capabilities as well as my own in a safe controlled environment without the risk of getting run over by something larger than another bike ;) I'm very much a "by the books" kind of guy, not interested in getting into too much trouble or being overly reckless.

I actually work up in Woodcliff Lake (for BMW) but I live down by Rt. 22. Once I get down some more mileage and get my license, i'll certainly be up for some meets!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I live in Bergen as well.. can we all meet up one day becuase its hard finding (responsible) people to ride with

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to dotnet!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
welcome, i too am from Jersey, about 20 minutes from 22 myself but im down by the dangerous end. Union county area

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty much rt. 46 and north in Bergen County (work/live), but willing to make small treks for short rides. Haven't been able to identify good riding spots (safe and no popo) to really get on the edges. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
there is some good riding around me but i dont think its really worth riding all the way down here to ride the roads cause some of them are short, although i am working on a route that will kinda combine them all with a little bit of suburban areas in between.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts