• PC's are better, so neither

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new era of gaming is upon us! Which console will you be getting this November? Or will you just stick it out with your current console?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'll eventually get a PS4 but for now I'm going to stick with my PS3. Unless I can still pre-order a PS4 then I'll get one. I just don't get why some people will camp out for days and pay 2-3 times what they cost new.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
These game systems are getting ridiculous price tags now-a-days... it's like a tax to be a nerd now... =(

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
These game systems are getting ridiculous price tags now-a-days... it's like a tax to be a nerd now... =(
PS3 released on November 17th, 2006 for $599.

PS4 releases on November 15th, 2013 for $399.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
689 Posts
already have ps4 pre-ordered. Although looking at the images from some of the gameplay the graphics look like the ps3. It seems like the only diff from ps3 and ps4 is ps4 is more "modern" as far as touch pad remotes and things of that sort. Compared to all the systems they came out with every new system the graphics got insanely better. Now they are just giving us more options it looks like but the graphics didnt really improve much. Thats atleast what the gameplay pictures look like. Maybe im gettin too old for all this user friendly stuff lol. I dunno. ps4 FTW! :thumbup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
already have ps4 pre-ordered. Although looking at the images from some of the gameplay the graphics look like the ps3. It seems like the only diff from ps3 and ps4 is ps4 is more "modern" as far as touch pad remotes and things of that sort. Compared to all the systems they came out with every new system the graphics got insanely better. Now they are just giving us more options it looks like but the graphics didnt really improve much. Thats atleast what the gameplay pictures look like. Maybe im gettin too old for all this user friendly stuff lol. I dunno. ps4 FTW! :thumbup:

That's because old systems couldn't even keep up to the tv resolution. Ps3 and Xbox made 1080 p, as good as your tv can do already so the new systems graphics jump can't be as much without a new tv technology that can do better. The new systems will be slightly better graphics but more of them, bigger maps, unimportant background can now afford to look good and take up memory or w/e

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
To my knowledge, there was not a single PS3 game that actually came close to using 100% of the systems potential. Some of the recent titles have been absolutely stunning visually, and I don't see them improving much right away.

I can't wait for Battlefield 4 and Gran Turismo 6. Wish they would make a new Tourist Trophy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The graphics of games are starting to reach a plateau but the gameplay for these consoles should be higher definition than the last generation. some game companies admitted that only the cutscenes of past games were 1080p and the rest of the game was not hopefully they have fixed that

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I think every game I have played on my PS3 was 720p. The best looking game I played was Last of Us, it was fantastic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll eventually get a PS4 for certain games on my list. But in the mean time I'll be sticking with the PS3 and PC for the majority of my gaming needs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts