Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks I'm ScootR from 1000RRdot net and just joined up and thinking about replacing my beloved 1000RR I crashed on July 17th with a 600RR if I can ride again and want to. Here's a link from my good pals Das Bone and RRShadow on the wreck. I think for $$ reasons and insurance this might be the way to go and who really needs all that power on a street bike ? Opinions, comments are very much welcomed and needed on this, especially from anyone that has rode both bikes, thanks and look foward to many discussion and have lots of questions on the 600RR.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1891&start=0

·
Registered
75 Posts
1st, Glad your O-K!,
2nd, Glad to see ya still want to ride after A crash!!
3rd, Do ya still have the bike? I'd like to buy it from ya!!! :smile:

If it not that bad, I might have to trade ya A 600RR for it?
Let me know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope bike is gone, complete write off by Progressive, sorry.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dam bro! Was just reading on the other board. I had no clue what ya went threw :shock: I feel for ya, And hope ya get better. Good enuff to ride again.

If I where you I would go back to where it happend and K!LL that bird.

Please let me know when ya get well. I'm in tex a few times a year. I wouldn't mind takin a little ride wit ya :smile:

·
Registered
75 Posts
B.T.W.

I have a shop in AZ... I do have a clean 2003 600RR with only3800miles on it. The 6 is no 1K but the bike handles super! I have 2 as race bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I know where you're going with this. I grew up on dirt bikes. Got a ST1100 then trade it on 02 VFR which has 22k miles on it. Also have a 01 Magna that has 7k miles, mostly mine, but is the Wife's bike. Been riding on street since 2000.

It sucks big time, 1116 miles on the bike, 8 GD rides, bam, gone. My poor Wife has gone thru hell on this, I damn near died, nobody called 911. I was told by surgeon I lost 5 liters of blood. It still hurts, I miss that bike badly.
Glad I still have my 02 VFR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh...I'm almost 47, Oct 1st, I don't do wheelies, stoppies or burnouts. I ride fast when appropiate, both bikes had 1/4" chicken strips so I'm not riding at 10/10ths but not doing speed limits either. I have never wrecked on a street bike or car in my life. Have had 4 Z28's, always been a hot rodder, got a 454 4X4 truck, and decided to stop playing with cars and got back into bikes, 1/3rd the price of a new car and 10 times the fun.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ScootR said:
Oh...I'm almost 47, Oct 1st, I don't do wheelies, stoppies or burnouts. I ride fast when appropiate, both bikes had 1/4" chicken strips so I'm not riding at 10/10ths but not doing speed limits either. I have never wrecked on a street bike or car in my life. Have had 4 Z28's, always been a hot rodder, got a 454 4X4 truck, and decided to stop playing with cars and got back into bikes, 1/3rd the price of a new car and 10 times the fun.
Better knock on wood! :smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone help me, having a hell of a time posting and changing my profile. Keep getting "Invalid Session" errors ? Thanks.

Knock on wood ? Believe me, my 2 broke ribs and the removal of my spleen won't let me forget or take anything for granted, not that I did in the first place BTW.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ScootR, glad to see y ou make it here. I read about your accident on VFRD. I traded my 600rr for a 04 VFR last summer and let me tell you that I missed my RR mighty bad sometimes. As for the 600rr, it wil be the most enjoyable 600 you will ever get if you decided on getting it. Hope you feeling better and get well soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ScootR said:
Can anyone help me, having a hell of a time posting and changing my profile. Keep getting "Invalid Session" errors ? Thanks.
i think session timeout value is between 15-30 minutes, u probably should ask JetBlast the site admin for exact value. sounds like u're taking too long to make your changes.

if that's not the case, u may have all your cookies shut off. not sure if this site uses cookies. if u do have your cookies shut off, turn at least the cookies from the 1st party on.

after that... i'm shiet outta ideas, HAHAHA! hope that helps!

glad u're still with us mang! personally, i think all the talk of a liter bike being too much for the street is correct in a technical sense, but i love my 1000rr. i also love my 600rr... both get equal luv ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
toro168 said:
ScootR, glad to see y ou make it here. I read about your accident on VFRD. I traded my 600rr for a 04 VFR last summer and let me tell you that I missed my RR mighty bad sometimes. As for the 600rr, it wil be the most enjoyable 600 you will ever get if you decided on getting it. Hope you feeling better and get well soon.
Why did you trade ? Would luv to hear you comments on the CBR vs the VFR, speed, handling, braking plus how did the insurance compare on the 2 bikes. Still have my 02 VFR ABS thank God. Often wonder if it would have prevented the wreck due to ABS ? Don't know why or how I wrecked but wonder about it. Is your screen name the same here as on VFRD BTW ? Don't seem to remember toro168 over there, thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
glad u're still with us mang! personally, i think all the talk of a liter bike being too much for the street is correct in a technical sense, but i love my 1000rr. i also love my 600rr...

Poo...damn, nice pair of bikes even if they aren't red ! J/K, man do I need your feedback on those 2 bikes. Also very important, how does the insurance compare ? I agree, after just 1116 miles on the 1000RR, using all that power wasn't easy. My main motivations are price and biggest concern is insurance $ now that I have this lovely stain on my record with the total loss of the 1000RR. If you are willing I would like to call you to discuss, pm me your phone # or you can call me, either way, if you are willing. I would appreciate it very, very much, or at least a good summary on here on how you feel they stack up. I'll confess, I was hooked bad on the 1000RR, the power was outstanding and not to bad mouth the VFR but it felt like a HD883 compare to the CBR. Emotionally it will be hard if not impossible for me to not get another one especially if the 05 red one has a better color combination, did not like the grey lower fairings at all. Common sense and $$$ tells me to go for the 600, I love the 04 red/black combo and the Candy blue is tempting too. Guys, one thing is certain, if I do ride again and if I do get anoter bike it will be a Honda, period, I'm 100% Honda so don't bother making suggestions on other makes please, ok ?
It's a purely emotional/brand loyalty thing, that's it. From a pure technical standpoint I do believe the Suzuki GSXR 750 is probably the perfect street bike and my dirt bikes were Suzuki's. My other thoughts/hopes is the 7th gen VFR is so much better than my 02 that I'll wait and get one of those.
Matter of fact, that was the original plan but 2 of my best buddies got CBR's and got me in this mess, Brad and Craig, it's all your damn fault I tell you ! J/K, thanks man, I really need to discuss with you, Mr I got a 600RR and a 1000RR too ! Wow, great pair of bikes, how do you decide which to ride on any given day ? Coin toss ???

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey buddy,
Glad to see you have jumped into the forum. Hopefully you can get some other feedback from some of the gang here to help your decision process.
As we've discussed, I think the biggest question is in terms of what's most important to you. The 600's going to have the handling edge, where the 1000 will obviously have the power edge. But, as you've said, how much power is really necessary/useable on the street? In reality, most of us will never even use all the power the 600 has on the street.

Just so you guys know, Scottr is the resident oil expert on all the boards he frequents.........I'll let him fill you in on it :bounce:

Don't be mad now Scott :lol2: ...you know it would have come out at some point anyway when someone satarted giving erroneous advice on oil :bitchslap:

Glad you're here :salute:

·
Registered
330 Posts
ScootR said:
Why did you trade ? Would luv to hear you comments on the CBR vs the VFR, speed, handling, braking plus how did the insurance compare on the 2 bikes. Still have my 02 VFR ABS thank God. Often wonder if it would have prevented the wreck due to ABS ? Don't know why or how I wrecked but wonder about it. Is your screen name the same here as on VFRD BTW ? Don't seem to remember toro168 over there, thanks.
I traded it in because the wife wanted to ride more with me and the RR is not the most comfortable for passenger. Lord behold we found out that she is pregnant 2 months after the trade, so no more riding for her for a while.

I love my VFR more each day, just the comfort level alone is unbeatable . As far as handling goes I am more comfortable on the VFR vs the RR, but each has their own opinion. I guess it is because the viffer is heavier, it give me a sense of stability ?

Speed, of course the RR low end and high end, I think it beats the VFR, but you know as well as I do that when the Viffer hits 7000 rpm, you better hold on.

Insurance didnt change much, went up about 12 bucks / month on the VFR. I was paying 52 dollars a month for the RR. Thats full coverage and policy is with Allstate.

I felt the RR have a better braking power being a sportsbike and it took me a while to get use to the LBS.

And yeah my screen name is toro168 on VFRD. Most of the time I read instead of posting since I am in the process of learning. Your oil advice is the best :lol2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just so you guys know, Scottr is the resident oil expert on all the boards he frequents

Not anymore, accident wiped out all my memories on oil and engines. I'm now using 5W-20 Honda oil in everything ! Hey, it saves time...it pours faster :shock:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Damn, welcome to the 600 club man, really sorry to hear about your mis-hap, but this way maybe you'll start riding some track on the 600? It's 10 times safer and 10 times more fun than the street. I went from a 954RR down to a 600RR and I haven't had any regrets, the only thing I miss is being able to pull up first and second gear wheelies without having to think about it...but who needs wheelies anyway? Eh? I'm more than positive you'll love the 600RR a lot, and hopefully we'll see some sweet track pictures from ya soon! Get well soon and get back in that saddle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts