Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a short story, I have always wanted to build a race car and last year I finally got the balls to start puttin one together. It was going to be turbo & stroker honda k series engine to compete in (hopefully) time attack & maybe some standing mile events. I was done with the bottom end when I realized that I couldn't afford to finish the car (being that I was only using quality parts). I ended up selling it & putting the money towards a bike. Well here I am, I own a 09 CBR. Since it is my first bike I decided to go with a 600.. Maybe when I'm good enough I'll trade in for a liter bike. The 600 is more than enough for now.

one thing that I would like to change is maybe upgrading to a slipper clutch. See I have a habit (on cars) to rev match & downshift to get some passing power. I'm afraid that if I didn't match on the bike that it would fish tail. So anyone know where I could get the actual part that does the slipping without having to buy new clutch disks?...

·
Registered
159 Posts
yoyodyne or stm is what most ppl use brand wise here.. I think you can use the stock plates with the yoyodyne. I don't know too much on the subject but welcome

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Don't need a slipper clutch, if you are used to rev-match down shifting, you'll be fine on the bike. If it is your first bike, try and go to some track days where instruction is available and is beginner friendly, and move up from there.

Welcome to the site, and nice looking 09 you got there!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome bro nice bike pm if you ever wanna ride I'm right outside reading
I live right outside Allentown, hit me up on FB if ever you want to ride.. "Marcos melon tavarez"

Don't need a slipper clutch, if you are used to rev-match down shifting, you'll be fine on the bike. If it is your first bike, try and go to some track days where instruction is available and is beginner friendly, and move up from there.

Welcome to the site, and nice looking 09 you got there!
Is there a website or some way of finding out when & where track days are hosted for bikes.. The closest tracks to me are Pocono Raceway & Limerock, that i know of.. Sorry for the noob questions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nevermind my previous post.. Just registered for a track day for begginers at thunderbolt raceway in NJ on march 31st.. Really exited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts