Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the board here. Names Chris been riding for about 12 years, last bike was a 97 900RR, sold it 4 years ago for college tuition. Heres the deal just got back from the local honda dealer (Tallahassee, FL) and was approved for the honda card but only got a 7,000 line, no down payment, yeah not quite enough. I dont want to dip into savings for the bike, so Im stuck with the 7k limit for a bike. Does anyone know if there local honda dealer has a 03 or 04 600RR or possibly a 00 or 01 929RR for sale in th 7k range? To use the honda card I have to buy a honda bike from a honda dealer. Needs to be fairly close to me because I dont want to ship the bike. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

There is a dealership in GA (I think) that sells new bikes super cheap. Maybe someone else on the board knows of the dealship I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Welcome to the site!!!

There is a dealership in GA (I think) that sells new bikes super cheap. Maybe someone else on the board knows of the dealship I'm talking about.
I'll keep an eye out but I haven't heard that.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
did you try to get approved through Honda financial? I tried the card last year and they turned me down so this year I tried honda financial instead of the card and got approved at a 8.9% rate thats not great but better than the nightmare stories I've heard about that card.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys, yeah I think I will look into some other way of financing. Horror stories with the Honda card?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know the 17% but honda has the great deal 69 per month for the first two years. Both me and the wife are graduating college in August and we are buying a new house, thus cant touch the savings. After that with the new income the bike will be paid off well before the 17% kicks in, and well i dont want to wait a year to buy the bike, I've been without for 4 years. I dont want to go appling for credit all over the place because we are buying a house, and well my income sucks right now so it would take awhie to save the extra 1500 or so needed, damn I'm screwed all around. Anyone know a good way to make a quick 1500 (questionable legal ways will also be considered, LOL)

·
Registered
508 Posts
definitely go through a bank instead. much better interest rates. i got my loan thru safe federal credit union. my interest rate is only 5.9%.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Some say getting $10,000.00 credit through Honda is harder than getting a $100,000.00 home loan. If the dealership really wants to sell you a bike, they'll find a way to get you financed. If they don't want to help you buy the bike you can imagine what the service afterwards will be like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was told the Honda card is good towards purchase of new bikes only. Go to your credit union. Mine gave me a 6.25% loan on my used 03. Go get approved for the loan FIRST! Don't make a bad financial decision.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Try and come up with a little more. $7483 is a great deal for an 05...Dip into the savings just a bit. I had a dealer match Southern Hondas price.
I had to drive about 90 miles, but well worth it. Probably too far for you though, just depends on the price I guess. I was prepared to travel much farther If I found the right price. Anyway, If you dont want to travel far, try to get a dealer price match within your surrounding area. In the end it worked for me.
http://www.southernhonda.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=01742823X6K14K2005J6I54I16JPMQ1606R0&veh=13936&CatDesc=Motorcycles

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
dude, if you're buying a house, you shouldn't be financing a new bike at this point. wait til after the home purchase and buy a left over '05.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts