Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this........all of it in fact. I got a 2003 cbr a while back. Bought it wrecked, got it running, had a great time, got it stolen, got it back REALLY wrecked. I am putting it back together but need to change out the frame. Got a lot of it done but can't figure out how to separate the rear trailing arm upper pivot from the frame. Got the lower off ok. It was easy. But the upper one is killing me. There are reverse hex nuts and a hollow shaft that goes all the way through. Looks like bushings(?) between the frame and the rear link on each side and this hollow "thing" goes through the bushings and the link and the frame. That's where I'm stuck. I took out the clamp bolts and nothing wants to move. I made a reverse socket and the thing won't turn. Must be some trick that I'm just not seeing.

Thanks for any help.....67elenor

·
Registered
924 Posts
First off welcome to the site. I can't personally help you with that but I am sure someone here can. While you wait for someone to respond it might help to use the search function to see if this topic was ever discussed. Good luck with your project and keep us posted on the project progression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts