Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd introduce myself because I'm new to the forum here. Just bought a used 2003 600RR from a dealership here, and am waiting for them to get my frame sliders and gear in before I go pick it up.
Heres the stats on it.

2003 Honda CBR600RR
Red and Black
6600 miles
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Tinted Windscreen
Keiti CBR Tank Pad
Flushmounts up front (not sure what kinda exactly)
Shorty Stalks in the back(again not sure exactly what)
CW Fender Eliminator
Scorpion Exhaust
Uhhh....I think thats it for now. Just waiting for my Vortex Sliders to come in so they can install them for me (kinda scared of cutting my plastics).

Since I bought the bike from a dealership I was about to get a good discount (15%) on some gear. I got the following:

KBC VR-2 Gunslinger
Alpinestars T-Dyno Textile Jacket
Alpinestars SM-X 2 Air Carbon Gloves

I also got a Kryptonite NY Chain and EV lock to secure it but that was from eBay.

I'm looking to take the MSF here within the next week or two depending on when I can get into the classes here in town. Otherwise it pry won't go very far until I get that done.
Just thought I'd say Hello to everyone. I'll post up some pics of everything once I take possesion of the bike and all my gear comes in. :)

EDIT: Well I picked up my jacket but thats it so far, hopefully everything else comes in tomorrow, will post pics when I get it all.

-Greg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To resist my temptation to riding without my sliders installed and without gear it's still at the dealership until they get the sliders in and can install them. Hopefully by Monday or so next week I'll have everything and can post pics.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
dont blame you there. Ive been riding for almost a yr w/ out any sliders but I still want to get some put on before that day comes where I wish I had them. Hopefully that day never comes at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah hopefully I never do have to use them but way better safe than sorry. Its got one pretty good sized scratch up on the tank, and thats plenty for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Question to you guys with Sliders...What does it cost you to have those things installed? I'm just wondering if sliders are worth it for me because after all, I do have insurance and thats what it's for. Plus how many times is your bike simply going to slide and never hit anything else?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only problem with that is how much is your deductible and is it reasonable to pay it if theres not a whole lot of damage ESP if your insurance rates are going to go up. I think its gunna cost me like 40 or 45 to have them installed, I would do it myself but I live in an apartment and don't have the tools to cut my plastic(not to mention the fact that drilling into my plastics scares the crap outta me! HA!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welocme to the site !!! im new too!!! i didnt get my frame sliders on cuz the stealership told me they were too backed up to install i hate them!!! does it seem to anyone else like after you buy the bike from them they arent as nice?? I think i might actually complain because i also bought my ca tailight from them and when i was purchasing it they told me they would install it then the guy kinda pushed me to do it myself not like was hard but they supposedly install all accsesorys for free

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Hopefully I'll pick up the bike tomorrow, although it looks like its gunna rain tomorrow....bummer.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well finally got her home :). She's going back in on Friday for the frame slider installation. Also is a pic of my KBC VR-2 Gunslinger. It just started raining so no ride today it looks like.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike, I was euphoric when I picked up my dream bike finally from the dealership.

Just a note, when you can, get a leather jacket, trust me, when you find yourself skidding like a hocky puck across tarmac more then 20ft you will be grateful for the leather (also, jeans don't do **** and make sure u get some boots to, vans sadly don't offer anything with ankle portection and better to keep your ankles and feet intact after that inevitable (but avoidable) first crash (wether it takes 2 days or 2 years, it will eventually happen, mine took a month, thankfully on my SV, NOT on my RR).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts