Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

New Guy

925 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnDoubleR 
#1 ·
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I'm a new rider looking forward to learn from this community. I'm coming off a Ninja 250 and just purchased a 07' CBR600rr and looking forward on advice on upgrades and mods. Happy Holidays!

#3 ·
I gotta say it. BE CAREFUL!!

That's gonna be a huge jump. I came off a new KTM RC390. With a few decent mods. Quite a bit faster than a Ninja 250, and my CBR600rr scared the **** out of me the first few times I rode it.

Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted as tight as it will go without being too tight. Coming out of corners, the slack will catch you out and now that your bike has power, it can be dangerous.

The weight, while light compared to other full size supersports, is quite heavy compared to your old bike. That can also catch you out. you will get used to it, but its definitely a noticeable change.

The rearsets are quite a bit higher unless you had aftermarket ones on your Kawi? Be careful when casually taking your foot off the peg at a light. I just about dumped it in traffic because my left foot stuck on the peg. Damn close.

TBH when I was riding my new bike home, I was wondering if I had made a mistake. its good now, but just be careful.

#4 ·
I gotta say it. BE CAREFUL!!

That's gonna be a huge jump. I came off a new KTM RC390. With a few decent mods. Quite a bit faster than a Ninja 250, and my CBR600rr scared the **** out of me the first few times I rode it.

Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted as tight as it will go without being too tight. Coming out of corners, the slack will catch you out and now that your bike has power, it can be dangerous.

The weight, while light compared to other full size supersports, is quite heavy compared to your old bike. That can also catch you out. you will get used to it, but its definitely a noticeable change.

The rearsets are quite a bit higher unless you had aftermarket ones on your Kawi? Be careful when casually taking your foot off the peg at a light. I just about dumped it in traffic because my left foot stuck on the peg. Damn close.

TBH when I was riding my new bike home, I was wondering if I had made a mistake. its good now, but just be careful.
Thanks bruh! Yea lmao I've noticed the difference already! I'm not trying to be a street Rossi... It's just not smart at all lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.