Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
I thought id introduce myself to everybody finally. I've been lurking around her for a few months and finally got my msf certificate in the mail so I am getting my liscense tomorrow and hopefully buying an 07 600rr friday. I live in san diego so luckily i get to ride all year round. For the past 6 months my friend has let me borrow her ninja 250r so I could learn to ride and I finally feel like I need to get my own bike. I originally chose the 600rr becuase it felt the most comfortable to me since im 6'8" 250 lbs and after reading around i realized its the best 600 out there.

One question I had is do you guys think buying a sportbike at my size is ridiculous? I rode my friends 07 r6 for 45 minutes and i could deffinately feel it in my back but it felt much more uncomfortable then the cbrs.

either way i love the website it seems like there is a ton of good information and nice people so hello.:wave:

Kevin

·
Registered
276 Posts
welcome to the site man. enjoy all the vast knowledge that is shared between these motorcycle lovers. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so ive spent the last 3 days trying to get a 07 cbr in the san diego area for under 9k not a single shop will even deal with me. The deal doesnt seem ridiculous to me. i even used the fact that otd motorsports in orange county gave me a qoute for 8900 and they told me to go buy from them. I didnt feel like driving to orange county to get one but it looks like its my best bet. Can anyone explain why a dealership cant take 500 off msrp of last years model with the new 08s coming in?

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
hey everyone
I thought id introduce myself to everybody finally. I've been lurking around her for a few months and finally got my msf certificate in the mail so I am getting my liscense tomorrow and hopefully buying an 07 600rr friday. I live in san diego so luckily i get to ride all year round. For the past 6 months my friend has let me borrow her ninja 250r so I could learn to ride and I finally feel like I need to get my own bike. I originally chose the 600rr becuase it felt the most comfortable to me since im 6'8" 250 lbs and after reading around i realized its the best 600 out there.

One question I had is do you guys think buying a sportbike at my size is ridiculous? I rode my friends 07 r6 for 45 minutes and i could deffinately feel it in my back but it felt much more uncomfortable then the cbrs.

either way i love the website it seems like there is a ton of good information and nice people so hello.:wave:

Kevin

Kevin,
congrat's on the RR bro! yes i think a sport bike is ridiculous....................RIDICULOUSLY fast! out of all the bike's i sat on, the CBR is about the best as far as rider postion go's. the GSXR is not to far off. the R6 is a little more aggresive, but i feel it has more room when tucked. i don't like the seating postion on the Kawi's at all.

when you first start riding, your going to be sore. if you ride regularly though, your body will get used to these new postions you put it in. also, stretching and good abdominal strength will make thing's alot more comfy. let use know if you need anything. T.K.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
so ive spent the last 3 days trying to get a 07 cbr in the san diego area for under 9k not a single shop will even deal with me. The deal doesnt seem ridiculous to me. i even used the fact that otd motorsports in orange county gave me a qoute for 8900 and they told me to go buy from them. I didnt feel like driving to orange county to get one but it looks like its my best bet. Can anyone explain why a dealership cant take 500 off msrp of last years model with the new 08s coming in?
the dealer buy's in bulk. they buy 5 bikes at once price, but if they buy 10, the price per unit drops. then they sell the bike to you for as much as possible. at the end of the year, they need to get rid of old unit's so they cut the price down so that it's more attractive. the bike cost less than it did at the begining of year, but they still payed the same price for it. so they are still makeing money even at a reduced price. the reason they can't is because they don't want to (greed). or they paid close to what they are selling it for and will lose to much profit.T.K.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the welcomes! i'm getting the check cut today and driving to LA Honda tomorrow to pick up my new cbr! I gotta buy gear today so i can ride it home. any recomendations for shops with good deals on gear in the san diego county area?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome!! :wave: At your height, you may just be one of the tallest CBR riders around.

Dave
haha yeah being this tall has its advantages but it can also really suck. finding shoes is a pia along with fitting in most vehicles. you sacrifice comfort for height i guess.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so today i went to la honda to pick up my brand new 07 cbr!! first ride on the bike is a 100 mile trip through LA traffic haha but it was good i am completely in love with this bike. second best investment ive ever made.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
sweet ride man, and welcome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts