Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a new helmet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good one that I can get. Straped for cash so it cannot be outrageous.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
jrdenney, what color is your bike.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Helmets manufacturers have different shapes for their helment. For example the Aari Quantum and Signet are designed to fit different head shapes. Find one from a reputed manufacturer that fits your head shape the best. All of the helmets sold should be DOT and SNELL rated so they will meet the minimum safety requirements.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
jrdenney,

i sent you a pm.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i'm with nate on this one... go Arai, you'll never look at HJC the same ever again. yeah, all these helmets will probably be out of your price range, but like cvlighthouse said, "save up! it's worth it" way worth it... the features associated with a high dollar helmet is excellet. there's no way a cheaper helmet will fit or have the features of a more expensive one such as Arai, AGV, Suomy, Shoei, etc...

·
Registered
338 Posts
CASH ,should not be your main concern... It's your HEAD man.
Go for a quality helmet. It's saved my life and friends. If you can't
afford a quality helmet, save for an extra week. Hold of on that pipe or extra windscreen and get something that should be your very first puchase!

I know I'll hear it now...thanks MOM. yea right.:)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
comfort is a very realative term. its like telling a fish hes wet, he has no idea what dry is, ya know what im sayin. i was perfectly happy with my HJC just cause that was the only helmet id ever worn. but once i tried the Arai i was amazed at the difference. As far as the protection aspect anything snell or Dot is going to do the job. but the pricier helmets will stop head wobble from speed or wind, they will virtually eliminate neck fatigue and they vent really well. If your strapped for money just get a cheper HJC, they are a good safe inexpensive helmet you can always upgrade to a more comfortable one later. ride safe and have fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just got a scorpion, dot and snell approved. Great helmet with cool graphics and very light. Venting and comfort are outstanding for $149.00 delivered with a nice helmet bag and free T-shirts for me and the mrs. :D

V

·
0 Posts
JR, I would get a KBC Vr-1 for the money.

speedreaper, could you post some pictures of your helmet please. They look pretty cool on the website, but I havent seen actual pictures of it. What model did you get?

·
Registered
885 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey if anyone is interested i have a new HJC c-14, the dealer threw it in with my purchase in 04' april. I wore it for 2 weeks and got an Arai. its large blue and silver i dont know how much shipping is but id like to get around $75 for it. i already asked jrdenny but it was to big for him. pm me if interested.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts