Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im new to the forum. I didnt see a gear specific forum so i figure this would be ok. Im looking for a good pair of road riding boots, after my last crash, I refuse to go down in a pair of vans again. So what im looking for is a boot that has a soft sole like the skater shoes but with more protection, i like to be able to feel the controls with my feet. So any suggestions lemme know.

Ill give details on the crash, I was on one of my favorite rides in northern NJ on 519 at about 130pm a deer hopped a guard rail right as i was going by and landed right on me(i am 100% serious) and before i knew it i was out like a light and woke up on the side of the road. Road rashed to no end on my knees elbows ankles and wrists(i kno i kno gear gear gear) but i learned my lesson, long story short my 05 buell lightning was totaled and now im on a 06 600rr orange tribal.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
DUde, AplineStars SMX-3's are the best boot for the price I think. You want a boot with a stiff pivot guard for your angle but that allows free movement of your feet up and down so as to make shifting easier. Trust me, your feel will be better as they have rubber inserts on the toe to make it grip the shift lever better. I don't know how people ride in tennis shoes, I feel like my ankles would break if I went down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts