Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone, my names Zack im in 19 and i like on Whiteman AFB,MO. I recently joined and havnt gotten all my stuff here so my bike is still sitting at my dads house. Its a 1971 CB500(i usually throw RR on the end for style :icon_lol:) Its got a Mac 4-1 exhaust, Dyna Low ohm coils, Dyna spark wires, Dyna Electronic ignition and a stage one jet kit.

I used to work at a honda dealership as PDI (pre delivery inspection) and assembler before i enlisted, that job kicked ass. Got to ride everything and was just an awesome experience.

I use to have a 1988 Hurricane 600 but due to a dumb woman pulling out in front of me, its gone.
My uncle gave me his old CB500 after i got rid of the 600 and i restored it.
Heres some pics.

Note- the CB500 now has gold anodized bar ends, a fiberglass rear tail section with foam race pad(looks much better than whats pictured) and a new gas cap since the clasp was cracked(see how its opened in the picture). And also a different taillight, a solid red round unit.

yup original miles

and heres some of the CBR before and after

and after

and i fixed it to make it rideable again, but it never ran right after the accident.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, hopefully i will have one by next spring, probably buy one in the winter while there cheap. I would get one sooner but i took out a loan for a supercharger. Whenever i pay that off, im bill free. Had no credit before so getting a loan was the quickest way to get some credit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i cant wait to get one, still havnt made my mind up on which RR to get, ill have to do some research, i love the new 07 but i want to do a repsol replica so will probably go after an early model with some damage since ill be painting it anyway, but i dont know, that white/silver 07 is freakin sweet. I never got to ride one because our dealership hadnt gotten them yet before i left for basic training.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
nice bikes man. that CB500 is lookin classic. you definitely can't go wrong with the 07 600RR if thats what you go with for your new bike. but if you're thinking about the Repsol replica i'd maybe go with the 1000RR for kicks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
definatly NOT getting a 1000RR, herd too many storys of unexperienced riders getting hurt and killed on those(worked at a dealership, so i have herd a few bad ones). I still consider myself a rookie since i had a sport bike but i was 15 and then i got the CB500 when i was 17 and rode the hell out of it in the mountains but never did alot of riding on new sport bikes besides test drives and crate cruises(after you put the bike together at the dealership, you cruise around behind the shop :icon_lol::icon_lol:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts