Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here’s my dilemma guys. I’m definitely getting an Arkapovic Full Racing system to go along with my pc3 & velocity stacks. Lowest I’ve found on the Newer Hex Racing System is in the $920-$950 range. On the other hand I found the Older Oval Racing System for a killer deal at $620-$630. At first impressions I really like the look of the newer hex system especially the carbon fiber. The oval style system I’m looking at purchasing is only available with the titanium can however I know I probably will pc I black eventually. Either way they are both awesome systems, Arkapovic Quality. The only down side with this decision is that if I go with the newer system, ill end up having to wait a couple more weeks to scrape up some cash. Anyways…from one 600rr member to another let me know what you guys think. I’d really appreciate it. Peace!!!

VS.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Get what you really want homie because if you don't later on you are going to regret it. If it was my choice thats easy the hex looks bad @ss. That's my choice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was trying to decide on the older style vs. the hex a couple of weeks ago and wound up going with the oval.

I am not disappointed, and only wish I could have found a full system for that kind of money.

On the other hand, if you are really set on having the hex style, go for it. I don't regret my decision for a second, but if you think you might, then I'd get what you'll be happier with 6 months down the road.

·
Registered
799 Posts
go with the hex...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
the hex is nicer IMO

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!! Everyone has their opinions. A $300 price difference is a lot. As far as perfomance Ive heard there isnt a difference, its all cosmetics. I know ill be happy with either one. I just have to figure out if I need anything else that's in the $300 range that I can also get now.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Before I got my hex, the company shipped me a Ti oval...and that can is freakin awesome! It honestly looks just as nice as the hex...I had such a hard time deciding whether to send it back or not, I started a poll about it :) Because I paid extra for it though, I sent it back and go my hex. Amazing pipe...it's a symphony every time I turn on the bike.

Seems like you made up your mind, saving that much dough you can get some new tires or SS break lines, or some other cool mods, so no loss there...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made my decision and got the Old Oval Sytem for an awesome deal. Im super stoked!! Ill post up some pics as soon as I put that baby on!! Thanks for your guys help!! Lately I've been fortunate enough to get some really good deals from ebay. My last purchase I got a New Shoei Rf-1000 for $260 shipped.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Good, I was just going to suggest that when I saw your post! I like the look of the oval myself..

Was the Shoei a 2007? Or a new 2006?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts