Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this illustration of Rossi and wanted to see what you guys think.

for those that didnt get to see the hayden one here it is. im working on getting a signed print of this bad boy.

thanks for checking them out!
_philip

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
how are you drawing these... the look fcuking great!
Are you taking a real image and rendering it with photoshop or you going from scratch?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i useillustrator. i find an image i like and render it out. i block off large sections and use a darker or lighter version of the selected color to add accents and shadows. its like a stylized cartoon you could say.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
So it's that cell shading that people started doing a couple of years ago. I like it. It looks really cool. Pretty much you make an outline of everything then you color it in and shade it.

Ofcourse it's not as hard as starting from scratch but it still takes a lot of skill especially to do the shading.

You should make those in wallpaper sizes. Like 800x600 and 1024x768.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, those are awesome. How long does that take you?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Wow thats pretty cool, can you do it with photoshop or need illustrator... and i bet you couldnt do it with this pic ;)

__pg said:
i useillustrator. i find an image i like and render it out. i block off large sections and use a darker or lighter version of the selected color to add accents and shadows. its like a stylized cartoon you could say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TOMIMOTO said:
So it's that cell shading that people started doing a couple of years ago. I like it. It looks really cool. Pretty much you make an outline of everything then you color it in and shade it.

Ofcourse it's not as hard as starting from scratch but it still takes a lot of skill especially to do the shading.

You should make those in wallpaper sizes. Like 800x600 and 1024x768.
i wouldn't call it cel-shading. thats more for 3d objects and to make it seem hand drawn. like alot of video games today. this style is more complicated and only 2d.

glad you like it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Knightslugger said:
__pg How long does it take to complete an illistration like the above Rossi and Hayden?
the process takes around 20-30 hours. yeah i know im dumb, but i get addicted to it. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
__pg said:
the process takes around 20-30 hours. yeah i know im dumb, but i get addicted to it. :)
Whoa...that's outrageous. I wish I had that kind of patience

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Disco said:
Wow those look awesome! How could I learn how to make something like that?
I just posted a tutorial 2 posts up.

That tutorial is very basic though and you would have to experiment a lot more with the shading.

·
Registered
865 Posts
wow those look great! can you give us higher res wallpaper size versions!? thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts