Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i just bought a red joe rocket honda CBR leather jacket about 3 days ago and its too big for me. its a size 48. they sell at MRI for $315 which is where i got it and i am willing to sell it for $300 so I dont have to pay the rediculous restocking fee and shipping. it has been taken out of the box and tried on then put back in the box in disgust with myself... pm me... or better yet email me at [email protected] because lately i havent been checking the .net very often... i have to know within at the most like 5 days otherwise it will be too late to send back

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If youre interested after you sell this, I have the same jacket I bought a size to big that i am trying to sell. It is in very good condition, 9 out 0f 10 but its a tad too big. Its a 44 and id sell it to you for $225.00.

Free bump.

Lemme know if youre interested..............

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wynngrip, I think a 44 is the size i need but I doubt that im gonna have this sold in time.... i literally only have like 2-3 more days before its too late to send back... so ill probably just end up sending it back and getting the other size from them. the friggin restocking fee is like $60 though. anyway, maybe you can at least help me with size cause like i said the 44 is i think what i need. im like 6' maybe 6' 1" and weigh about 180 or so..... if this is similar to you than maybe ill also need the 42... ugh thats all i need is to get the 44 and have it still be too big.

dudley, sorry i dont have a digital camera. i only have my phone which would do it no justice at all. its a beautiful jacket. your best bet is looking at it on the joe rocket website and i dont even think that picture does it justice. it was literally just taken out of the box.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
potate... my brother is 6'2" and 180 lbs and it fits him very good..... I think if you ordered a 42 the arms would be too short. Id say go with a 44 either way.... good luck with the sale......do you have another jacket right now? If so id just let this jacket sit on the forums here or maybe ebay it. Someone would use buy it now for 290-300 shipped if you put up some pics. Dont pay a 60 dollar restocking fee, plus shipping for the new jacket, thats just ludacris........Just put it out on the market for a little less than everywhere else and someone will buy it!. Then you can save $75 and still have enough to buy mine! lol good luck sir

potate311 said:
wynngrip, I think a 44 is the size i need but I doubt that im gonna have this sold in time.... i literally only have like 2-3 more days before its too late to send back... so ill probably just end up sending it back and getting the other size from them. the friggin restocking fee is like $60 though. anyway, maybe you can at least help me with size cause like i said the 44 is i think what i need. im like 6' maybe 6' 1" and weigh about 180 or so..... if this is similar to you than maybe ill also need the 42... ugh thats all i need is to get the 44 and have it still be too big.

dudley, sorry i dont have a digital camera. i only have my phone which would do it no justice at all. its a beautiful jacket. your best bet is looking at it on the joe rocket website and i dont even think that picture does it justice. it was literally just taken out of the box.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thanks for the info.

i was worried about the arms too but the real problem with the one i have now is that the chest and back are huge. when i sit on the bike with it on it rides up and feels like i could just about fit another person in there with me the chest is so big lol. i have an average build and i think i just about fit the description of your brother. how are the chest and back on him? are the sleeves just right for him? thanks

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how are the back and chest on your brother? they are supposed to fit pretty tight and this 48 feels like a sail on my back

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is your height and weight? i just looked at the pics of yours and youve got the waist sinched up pretty far... damn i hope a 44 fits me. it looks like you either have to deal with shorter sleeves or bigger chest and back.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Chest is a little big on the jacket for me... Its a little too big all around..... Think what a 46 would fit you down from a 48, then a 44, then a 42 and so on...

48 down to a 42 is a huge difference

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey thanks for the pic.

wynn, yeah i know you said it was a little big on you. i meant how was the chest on your brother who you said was a little more my size. you seemed to say it fit him very well though so thanks for the info. i also just called joe rocket and gave them my height weight and chest measurement and they said the 44 would be just about perfect for me. thanks again for the help though.

also, i found out that the restocking fee doesnt apply to clothing. so all i have to pay is shipping which i am fine with cause it was free in the first place.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey, I wear a 48... but my RR is blue and I already have a Joe Rocket leather jacket, haha. Sorry if I got your hopes up just then- I can help you with sizing info, though. For a 48 you need someone my size or ever-so-slightly bigger - I'm 6'2, 220#. A 48 leaves me plenty of breathing room in the chest, but the arms on a 46 are still just a bit too short for me (and yes, I tried on every size from a 42 to a 50 before I bought mine online, as you should have). Hope this helps.

Free bump for a nice jacket, by the way...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yeah sorry guys the jacket is already on its way back anyway.

yeah my buddy has a 46 that i tried on which fit decently (but i never sat on my bike with it) and it was just a little too big but he had all of the pads and liner out and said that those take up a lot of room so i was like o ok...... then when i went to order, for some reason i thought his was a 48..... idk anyway its all settled now

also i live in a town of 1500 people and the nearest decent dealership is about 25 minutes away and last time i was there they had 1 joe rocket leather jacket... not too many other ways i could have tried them on.... but like i said o well i only had to pay shipping 1 way.... $17 no big deal. especially when even with that added on, im still saving AT LEAST $40 from what that stealership would have charged

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.