Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so it's time for a revamping of my website. I'm starting from scratch with a new logo.

Keep in mind that this website caters both to my professional and my personal needs: I use the logo on everything--letter heads, resumes, websites, business cards, and of course, my website.

There are 6 options, first 2 rows. The logo consists of my initials: JPL. They are ambigrams, they are symetrical and can be read the same forwards as well as upside down and backwards. It gives the logo a yin and yang affect, as well as making the logo look alot like a chinese-style signature block. The logo is red because red is the asian color for luck, my and my Vietnamese name means "good fortune."

The last row is additional material for you to help make your choice: just the single JPL icon, and the ambigram in a single color so you'll see what it'll look like on a shitty fax machine. Additionally, if I were to animate my logo for my website, it would start off as a single gray ambigram and then the red would fade in when you hover over it. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.josephple.com

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I like the upper left one. It may be a lil less flashy than the others but I dont think a logo should be to complicated. The others look a lil heavy on the shadow side which i would try to stay away from. The subtleness of the shadow on the upper left one is nice and noticeable without being an eyesore. Also, it seems to flow really nicely from front to back and vice versa.
If I was to pick a shadowed one it would be the middle one. The odd symmetry is working well I think. But the look all changes when you put the logo into context.

·
0 Posts
Too much shadow (#3) i am telling you go with the middle middle one from the original page.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
you need more cowbell in there......!
I personally would stay away from 3, this is just my GD degree talking here lol. The first two are nice and i like them both. Like I said before, you need to see what they look like in the setting you're gonna put them in. Thats what is going to make one look better than the other, unless that is you just put them on a one color background like black or white, then its just your preference.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
hey, could I get you to work on my webiste???

I like #2

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Not like it is a choice now... But the btm lft looked good. Sometimes simple is good.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've just noticed that RedneckGirl is gonna friggen pass me up on the post count--and she's only been here for a month.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
lil' redneck girl said:
awwww...want me to stroke your ego and stop posting for awhile? would that make things better? i know how fragile men's egos are :73:
yay! ego umm... stroking... :hump:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts