Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

new member here, just recently acquired a 2006 CBR600RR that has never been ridden. Zero km.
I am BEYOND excited.

I am slowly replacing the fuel tank and pump, seals and hoses, tires etc, and I'm sure I will be picking some brains here.

Cheers
Simon

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, an older gentleman had it on display. started it up once or twice but never rode it.
He has passed away and it has come into my possession only recently.
Going to be working on it over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get it on the road before August. 🤞

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow!!! Brand-new unused... Simply amazing! It's gonna be so much fun!! :)

Reactions: MTJR and psy-minion

·
Registered
2006 cbr 600rr
12 Posts
Hey folks

new member here, just recently acquired a 2006 CBR600RR that has never been ridden. Zero km.
I am BEYOND excited.

I am slowly replacing the fuel tank and pump, seals and hoses, tires etc, and I'm sure I will be picking some brains here.

Cheers
Simon

View attachment 227075
Dude! That is amazing! 😭 a clean unmolested 0miles (km) bike?!? Awesome find, and welcome to the club!

The fuel tank, pump, and hoses, seals, and tires should be fine and not need to be replaced. Still double check the hoses for cracks. The seals for any leaks particularly the forks area. And the tires should be perfectly fine unless they are dry rotting.

even though it’s brand new and hasn’t been ridden that guy still took great care to store it properly. The fairings look fresh out. Me personally I would take those OEM fairings off and put some nice Chinese eBay ones on. But totally your choice.

im so jealous and excited for you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude! That is amazing! 😭 a clean unmolested 0miles (km) bike?!? Awesome find, and welcome to the club!

The fuel tank, pump, and hoses, seals, and tires should be fine and not need to be replaced. Still double check the hoses for cracks. The seals for any leaks particularly the forks area. And the tires should be perfectly fine unless they are dry rotting.

even though it’s brand new and hasn’t been ridden that guy still took great care to store it properly. The fairings look fresh out. Me personally I would take those OEM fairings off and put some nice Chinese eBay ones on. But totally your choice.

thanks! I'm pretty excited too!
we got her running with the new tank and fuel pump! 👌🏻
the clutch plates are stuck together, so she still needs some love. test ride soon!

and yeah, I've been toying with the idea of getting cheap plastics... I wanna get her on the road 1st... then I'll worry about the rest.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I respectfully disagree. The air inside the tires may have rotted them from within and any tires you put on now would be far superior than anything made in 2006, and, any other rubber parts are suspect because of age so keep an eye out for leaks or sweating. The fuel tank should be inspected for any rust, corrosion, or debris inside before running the bike and get all the old fuel out and plan to run through a fresh tank of gas if the bike shows any weird running conditions and you very well could have sticky injectors. You're starting with a great base but don't mistake that for not also needing thorough inspection and what is effectively 16 years of deferred maintenance. It's a great way to learn the bike and you'll have even greater appreciation for it once it's on the road. Congrats

Edit: Also, change out the coolant because aluminum doesn't rust but it corrodes so get all that old coolant out of the engine. Lastly, that side fairing has been taken off so someone was doing something other than let it sit stationary this whole time. Inspect everything thoroughly. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts