Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody my name is Bryan. Im a bit of a sportbike noob but have rode a few in my day. Ive raced motocross my whole life and am finally getting tired of getting hurt so Im switching to hopefully a safer, less expensive type of riding. I purchased my first and only sportbike last summer and rode the wheels off untill this horrable economy forced me to sell a couple toys over the winter. Im currently looking for a fixer upper 03+ 600rr to start working on....hence the reason Im here. Ive been on car forums for a while so I already know what a valuble sorce of information your cbr600 community will be.

Heres a pic of my '05 from last summer. I sold it to a total begginer and he crashed it 2 weeks later. What a shame.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome. Mods prefer we all dont say welcome because people try to meet posting goals that way "without actually participating" but anyways welcome to the forums.

T-mobile G2X

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I completely understand about folks just using the for sale forum but Im not one of those people.

Ill post post up the project as soon as I can get one home. Does any of you guys know were I can find maybe a crashed track bike? There is a 07 600rr on craigslist in my area but it hit a tree pretty hard, I dont think its is salvagable. Has anyone bought any of the ebay frames?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would avoid craigslist and ebay. Buy from people on here. Plenty of parts for sale. Not to mention you know what you are getting is legit for the most part.

T-mobile G2X
Good point....thanks for the advice.

What would be a decent price for a 04-05 frame/rolling chassis with a title?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I just joined yesterday and I am in Louisville as well! Welcome and it's good to see more people from home on here :)
Thanks! Im a 600rr.net noob myself :retard:

My bike is in the shop getting much need upgrades but im usually out on speedway on the weekends you all should check out texas roadhouse on thurs nights over 200+ bikes
Will do, we went to Hooters on Dixie a couple weeks ago. Ive been riding a friends r6 whenever he rides his 1k.

Im still looking for another bike at the moment, I know what I want to pay but it seems to be the wrong time of year to be looking for a deal. There are a couple repairable cbr's on craigslist but the owners are asking way to much. I may just bite the bullet soon and grab something anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks! Im a 600rr.net noob myself :retard:

Will do, we went to Hooters on Dixie a couple weeks ago. Ive been riding a friends r6 whenever he rides his 1k.

Im still looking for another bike at the moment, I know what I want to pay but it seems to be the wrong time of year to be looking for a deal. There are a couple repairable cbr's on craigslist but the owners are asking way to much. I may just bite the bullet soon and grab something anyway.
I think i was there but i had a chick with me, does your friend have a red 08 or 09 1k

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe I will run into you guys down at Speedway one of these weekends... I haven't been out to Texas Roadhouse or TwoLanes since I had my cruiser so I will have to go out and represent with my new CBR :)

I forget what nights are what though? Wish there was some schedule somewhere LOL! Do you guys know in Louisville is there something bike related everyday, that would be sweet! Not that I can go everyday but when I get the chance it would be cool to have a spot to go meet new folks and check out their rides and stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.