Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello let me first introduce myself as bob and thank you for creating this forum for our beloved CbrRR sexy girls .After 3 long years of having my first bike i really have wet through some extremely difficult times with her . I bought her for $2,200 and she has 44k mileage on her. (Bad choice i know) after the purchase i quickly realized that after sitting for her first day in my garage she had a descent sized oil puddle below her . i panicked called the guy whom i bought her from and he stated all sales are final and that it didn't leak when he had it. So i decided to man up and fix whatever my problem may be, mind you this was my first owned street bike . upon tearing down the fairings i noticed some significant cracking on the bottom of the block from a lay down. so i pulled the motor and tig welded the crack that i also upon closer inspection noticed it had been JB welded before and poorly i might add. Since i was already at full breakdown i did some more inspecting and cleaning since i knew she had been majorly abused and neglected. Replaced the stator,stator gasket kit, stator bolt kit . Noticed a power commander as well first thing which i have 0 experience with using or even mapping correctly. now the bike ran just fine when i got it. she had the speed to match a stock 750 gsxr and i gotta be honest . Hondas just scream sexier lol. The bike has an aftermarket carbon fiber yoshimura exhaust as well. When i put her all back to together she started right up and wala no leaks good compression and thermostat fully functional. Took her for a quick ride to only breakdown within the first 5 minutes . $150 tow back home. The malfunction was hard to understand mechanically . She would bog when accelerating and the throttle would drop so fast it almost threw me off her like a wild horse at anything over 6k RPM. So she went to the good ol Honda dealership for diag . She sat there for 6 weeks and after multiple calls back and forth the guy calls me to pivk her up . Says she had a bad fuse. $1,090 total bill for my fuse . Literally all labor and oh i threw in a lowewring kit because im so short feet dont touch the ground flush LOL. So lets just round down to $800 in labor. Get her on the road and bam same problem . Call threpair shop and they said well sorry but were not touching your bike again. Too many things going on . i break her doqwn to realize my power commander is gone ! They legit stole it from the bike!!!!!!!So i file a formal complaint with the BAR and the BBB for getting jacked for my $800 fuse. Got my money back. Then years pass from financial struggles and i start her up every other day to make sure everything is still getting lubed and gas flow etc. Such a tease watching her sit for 2 /12 yearsa now that i finallly sold some personla items to start investing into her again and finish what i started . Craaaaving the ride!!!! 馃槱馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶Bought the proper power commander installed it. Booom Battery went dead so i got a new one. Took her out same problem, she dies from high throttle yet again but this time i notice when i slam my ass down hard on the seat the problem stops for a few seconds until i get above 6k or 65 MPH. Notice the starter relay is wonky on the connection and the 30 amp fuse connected to it . So here i sit waiting for the relay in hopes that was the issue this whole time . In the meantime i fugured there must be someone who has a Manual for this year make and model something i can download for free hopefully LOL. So that's what led me here . Its time to strop being stubborn and ask the pros here . PLEASE HELP ME . Im gonna die if i don't get to ride her ASAP its pulling me apart emotionally and i need some guidance . If you've read this far i appreciate just the mere acknowledgement and any help is greatly appreciated.
Side note: i also need some parts for her\after market goodies to make her look a little extra sexy because i have not one singe fairing and basically stock parts on her and she looks like a transformer lmao.

Thanks for your valuable time and input in advance,
Shiny Side Up

Bob
Honda Only Enthusiast

Registered
There's definitely too much going on here to diagnose over email.

I'll say that I don't think buying a bike with 44k on the clock is a bad idea. Properly maintained these will last forever. Cycle World broke down the motor on their staff 600RR a few months back with 50k+ on the clock. Even with the most precise measuring instruments available could measure no discernable wear on any internal engine components. This on a bike that was driven hard by good riders and saw its share of track days.

Of course yours was far from properly maintained. And shame on you for not looking over it more closely. If I see even a drop of JB Weld on an engine case I'd walk away.

Second, get an AMA membership. Mainly because it's the right thing to do for the riding community but also because you get free towing for any reason. And it includes all your bikes and cars. That $150 would of been 3 years of membership I think.

Much of what you document just ain't your problem and there ain't no magic answer. But this has nothing to do with a fuse. It sounds to me like she's starved for fuel at certain RPMs. So I'd start by replacing the fuel pump. These have an internal filter that can get clogged and can't be replaced (the little filter thing you see when you take it off is just a strainer, the filter is in the plastic housing).

Keep the PC off until you get her running right, don't introduce added complexity.

You can find the manuals online fairly easily. You don't say what year the bike is. If it's an 07-12 I have that manual I can email you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There's definitely too much going on here to diagnose over email.

I'll say that I don't think buying a bike with 44k on the clock is a bad idea. Properly maintained these will last forever. Cycle World broke down the motor on their staff 600RR a few months back with 50k+ on the clock. Even with the most precise measuring instruments available could measure no discernable wear on any internal engine components. This on a bike that was driven hard by good riders and saw its share of track days.

Of course yours was far from properly maintained. And shame on you for not looking over it more closely. If I see even a drop of JB Weld on an engine case I'd walk away.

Second, get an AMA membership. Mainly because it's the right thing to do for the riding community but also because you get free towing for any reason. And it includes all your bikes and cars. That $150 would of been 3 years of membership I think.

Much of what you document just ain't your problem and there ain't no magic answer. But this has nothing to do with a fuse. It sounds to me like she's starved for fuel at certain RPMs. So I'd start by replacing the fuel pump. These have an internal filter that can get clogged and can't be replaced (the little filter thing you see when you take it off is just a strainer, the filter is in the plastic housing).

Keep the PC off until you get her running right, don't introduce added complexity.

You can find the manuals online fairly easily. You don't say what year the bike is. If it's an 07-12 I have that manual I can email you.
So I鈥檒l address your comments in order but start with the year . 2005. Looking over her closely would have required me to take off all the fairings and inspect or have the know to inspect specifically for this kinda damage . As I stated this is my 1st bike so idk why shame on me ??. I got burned,lied to and hustled . The guy literally degreased her right before I came to take a look. It was my first bike so more like shame on him and the 鈥渕echanic鈥 who burnt me too. The AMA membership ? If I could have paid that kinda money it would have went into the bike not a pointless membership when my insurance which is $14 a month includes free towing so I鈥檒l have to pass on that . If I even would have seen the weld I still would see a fixable bike . I鈥檓 no quitter nor would I quit on any of my projects . The fact is I didn鈥檛 see it and that鈥檚 that . Redundant comment but respect your opinion. I definitely learned the most from my first transaction so future reference obviously I know to do a deep magnifying glass inspection . Fuel pump is fine and was tested as well as the injectors . Gonna try to remap her then I鈥檒l update . Thanks

Registered
Bought a used 07 from some military guy that had it all over the us and pretty sure it was stolen in Hawaii. Anyway just a begginer bike but he gave me 2 different manuals of it, you need pictures of any pages let me know. New to bikes so always finding little problems :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a used 07 from some military guy that had it all over the us and pretty sure it was stolen in Hawaii. Anyway just a veggie right bike but he gave me 2 different manuals with of if you need pictures of any pages. New to bikes so always finding little problems :D
I鈥檝e downloaded a pdf form of the 03-06 manual if anyone needs it . Pm me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts