Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick hello to introduce myself as a new member. I am a member of 1000RR.net and I have just joined this site as well. My street ride is a Titanium 2005 1000RR and I just purchased a salvage titled 2005 600RR to transform into my trackbike for 2007. I hope to gain some parts and info from you members on the 600RR.

·
Registered
549 Posts
heloo and welcome, this is by far the best site and best group of people on the net

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The first 3 pics are of my 1000RR at deal's gap and the last 2 are of my 600RR as I bought it. ( before trackbike conversion)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NewRedRider said:
Dude, other than the front fairing what's wrong with that bike? That bike looks like you could take it on the track tomorrow!
All that is wrong with it is the top of the front fairing, the rear fairing is rashed, rear seat missing and the subframe tweeked slightly. It only has 1700 miles on it with ALL original parts. Ahhh, I love a good deal!! I'll do rearsets, track plastics, levers, lines, exhaust, power commamder, filters, tires....all the goodies.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
1000hio said:
All that is wrong with it is the top of the front fairing, the rear fairing is rashed, rear seat missing and the subframe tweeked slightly. It only has 1700 miles on it with ALL original parts. Ahhh, I love a good deal!! I'll do rearsets, track plastics, levers, lines, exhaust, power commamder, filters, tires....all the goodies.
:icon_lol: Nice find!

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Welcome to the site! :wave: Nice 1000RR! More and more guys in leathers! WooHooo.. What am I to do? ;) lol

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Congrats and welcome...

I also bought a 05 600rr for a track bike conversion.I'm almost done with it.

Mine was exact same color.

You might also think about the hrc quick turn throttle.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
DAMN 1000hio- You beat me to the bike... If they listed it again, I was going to buy it... Good luck with it, if you decide not to go ahead with it, let me know and I will take it off your hands. T

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I drove 24 hours round trip (Ohio to Alabama) on Friday and picked up the 05 600RR. Saturday I unloaded it, changed the oil, and charged the battery. Sunday morning (today) i put a taillight, rear seat, left foot peg, and mirrors from one of my 1000RR's (yes all these parts interchange) and took it for a 75 mile ride to make sure all was straight and true. Pulls super hard from 8000 - 14000 rpm and it'll make a great track bike! It's all stock right now with stock exhaust, air filter, and even still has the mud flap on it with only 1900 miles. I'll be putting on a race body and if I can find a good deal on some brake lines, exhaust, PCIIIusb, and a K&N I'll pick those up as well. I plan on running Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges, and Beaver Run track days in 2007.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AlpineJim said:
Where at in ohio?

I'll see you at Mid-O in the Spring! Ill probably do Putman at least once. I would like to go to VIR in 2007. But thats a hike from northern ohio.

Are you a member of C.O.R.E?
I'm in Marietta, Ohio (southeast). We are planning on running Nelson Ledges, Beaver Run, and Mid Ohio.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts