Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
First :
R&G covers = one time fit, I see them as insurance for protecting slides over curbstones if **** happens
RCS19 = it's a personal preference for the feel and the efficiency also depends on the other parts. I see enough riders using the stock brake pump and still being competitive and being hard brakers. In my case, it's rock hard, I only have to apply 1 to 1.5 cm's. During racing there is no time for coasting, its full brake in straight line, using engine brake to the fullest and slightly loosen up in the corner.
See this vid, is a track buddy and vid is taken last weekend with an 5h endurance race (mixed 600/1000) and he also rides a PC37a :
Its all out all of the time, it's needed to keep up with newer 600's and still the rider makes the difference, especially with club races. I guess that a stock pump will do fine for the time you're still working on your average lap times. You will notice soon enough when the braking power is costing you time.

As for the plate : its going to be hot under the seat but mostly when standing still/during line up or leaving the track after session. I would't weld it but either use screws or use hose clamp (correct English ?)

Thats a SC59 ? Its the only Honda 1000 that is big enough for me and comfortable..

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Also for some reason I can't get any pics to show in your thread idk why?
Strange, I have those pics linked to my FB account. Let me check my old thread, it's been years since I last updated it. Got a lot of stuff working on & it's big so I'm not posting as usual.

I simply made a bracket to hold the BAS, PCV & Autotune modules on the front stay. I had the same problem when I had a race subframe & those modules had nothing to mount to then I remembered where the electronic stuff on MotoGP & WSBK are located which is at the front.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Strange, I have those pics linked to my FB account. Let me check my old thread, it's been years since I last updated it. Got a lot of stuff working on & it's big so I'm not posting as usual.

I simply made a bracket to hold the BAS, PCV & Autotune modules on the front stay. I had the same problem when I had a race subframe & those modules had nothing to mount to then I remembered where the electronic stuff on MotoGP & WSBK are located which is at the front.
I'll check back and see. I got a few more goodies including a Marchesini matching rear wheel, some sprockets,and other little stuff. Quick question, the bike after the install of the pc5 and quickshifter seems a bit sluggish in the lower RPMs. I haven't taken the bike out yet. Mainly on the stands and I don't want to high rev the motor in neutral. So I'm guessing it's a base map issue? I'm not sure. I did just remove the pair valve and installed the pc5 and quickshifter from dynojet. Micron slip on and BMC filter. Idk any inputs appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guess that a dyno run is the way to go, if you want to be sure. I did have the same feeling after installing a PC3 on my road CBR.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Guess that a dyno run is the way to go, if you want to be sure. I did have the same feeling after installing a PC3 on my road CBR.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, the ecm thing is new to me. It's way easier to just flash ecus than piggy back w the dynojet. I will just install the velocity stack mod and just flash the ecm on the Dyno. The more and more I do to this bike the less I feel I'm going to make it out for a few more track days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It never hurts to check and double check (just in you wallet...) And a dyno run also helps as a starting point. After the upgrades and a 2nd run you can check if the balance of performance has shifted.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
I'll check back and see. I got a few more goodies including a Marchesini matching rear wheel, some sprockets,and other little stuff. Quick question, the bike after the install of the pc5 and quickshifter seems a bit sluggish in the lower RPMs. I haven't taken the bike out yet. Mainly on the stands and I don't want to high rev the motor in neutral. So I'm guessing it's a base map issue? I'm not sure. I did just remove the pair valve and installed the pc5 and quickshifter from dynojet. Micron slip on and BMC filter. Idk any inputs appreciated.
Unfortunately the 03-06 600RR ECU's can't be reflashed as Woolich never made an effort to develop it so you'll have to buy additional modules if you want to alter the ignition maps too.

I run both HRC ECU & PCV on my bike & use an AT200 module & POD300 to data log the AFR & make corrections at the track.

I programmed the HRC ECU to handle the throttle positions not covered by the PCV which are 8/12/18/25/30/50/70/90 as the PCV handles the 0/2/5/10/15/20/40/60/80/100 although you can request Dynojet to alter the fuel map to cover most of the throttle positions, it's just a matter of typing the codes they provide you with.

The added benefit of the HRC ECU is the adjustable shift light which is handy, I even installed an extra shift light on top of the combination meter as the turn signal & high beam indicators are too hard to see even when they turn on.

I can also adjust the ignition timing on the HRC ECU which netted me a few hp, going to dyno it once I develop a good baseline fuel map at the track.

Reactions: tary preisser

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Unfortunately the 03-06 600RR ECU's can't be reflashed as Woolich never made an effort to develop it so you'll have to buy additional modules if you want to alter the ignition maps too.

I run both HRC ECU & PCV on my bike & use an AT200 module & POD300 to data log the AFR & make corrections at the track.

I programmed the HRC ECU to handle the throttle positions not covered by the PCV which are 8/12/18/25/30/50/70/90 as the PCV handles the 0/2/5/10/15/20/40/60/80/100 although you can request Dynojet to alter the fuel map to cover most of the throttle positions, it's just a matter of typing the codes they provide you with.

The added benefit of the HRC ECU is the adjustable shift light which is handy, I even installed an extra shift light on top of the combination meter as the turn signal & high beam indicators are too hard to see even when they turn on.

I can also adjust the ignition timing on the HRC ECU which netted me a few hp, going to dyno it once I develop a good baseline fuel map at the track.
It's crazy the price they get for a cable to flash the HRC ECU. I want one but funds aren't right currently. Is there a shift light in the factory gauge? I need to figure more out about the electronics and flashing options. Ill take the bike out tomorrow for a rip and shake everything down a bit before I hit the track. But damn it looks good imo I grabbed a few pictures w my buddies 13 cbr

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It never hurts to check and double check (just in you wallet...) And a dyno run also helps as a starting point. After the upgrades and a 2nd run you can check if the balance of performance has shifted.
Yeah I'm pretty sure this will be my next option actually. I just want it to be good when I ride it tomorrow

·
Registered
35 Posts

CBR 600RR PC37 HRC electric kit set for sale in Greece, see link above

1. Racing ECU
2. Racing Wire Harness
3. Racing dashboard kit
They are all in very good used condition.
Very rare racing parts (hard to find) for 2005-2006 model, compatible also as well for 2003-2004.

There goes your budget ;) :sneaky:

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
It's crazy the price they get for a cable to flash the HRC ECU. I want one but funds aren't right currently. Is there a shift light in the factory gauge? I need to figure more out about the electronics and flashing options. Ill take the bike out tomorrow for a rip and shake everything down a bit before I hit the track. But damn it looks good imo I grabbed a few pictures w my buddies 13 cbr
It's the small red LED light on the right side of the tach marked "REV", it lights up at 15000rpm. If you plug in the HRC ECU & harness the left/right turn signal indicators & high beam indicator lights become the shift light it's programmable via flashing using the HRC USB cable & software.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
You guys are terrible influences. I'm letting my girl read these next time I get yelled at. Maybe this is why most track guys are single?🤔 Anyways I'm grabbing a set of forks next week from a 06 cbr600rr with ktech cartridges. Both triples, calipers, forks for 1100 shipped. Just wanted the price of the carts. It's kinda too good to pass.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Ktech forks are a nice find and a good bargain....lucky you!
Yeah I think that's the route I will go. Just for ease, does anyone know if I'll have a issue with the race body with 05-06 forks. The guy selling the body said they wouldn't in the ad but then I see ppl on here with the body I have with 05-06 forks I'm pretty sure? Idk hopefully you guys know why he posted that.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
There shouldn't be any fitment & clearance issues with upgrading the forks to 05-06 USD but having K-Tech cartridges I would bet the stroke & length of the forks has increased over the 03-04 conventional forks. I would compare the length of both forks & make appropriate adjustments when setting fork height on the top triple.

When I upgraded my stock cartridge to an 05-06 cartridge with 20mm Ohlins valves the stroke has increased by 1 to 13mm depending on how the ride height/length/preload adjuster is set. I basically created a Frankenstein fork & on paper it should be a big improvement over the original design in terms of performance, the downside is when I need to adjust spring preload I have to add washers or change the length of the spacer inside but I'm willing to make a compromise as long as I get a better front fork overall.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
There shouldn't be any fitment & clearance issues with upgrading the forks to 05-06 USD but having K-Tech cartridges I would bet the stroke & length of the forks has increased over the 03-04 conventional forks. I would compare the length of both forks & make appropriate adjustments when setting fork height on the top triple.

When I upgraded my stock cartridge to an 05-06 cartridge with 20mm Ohlins valves the stroke has increased by 1 to 13mm depending on how the ride height/length/preload adjuster is set. I basically created a Frankenstein fork & on paper it should be a big improvement over the original design in terms of performance, the downside is when I need to adjust spring preload I have to add washers or change the length of the spacer inside but I'm willing to make a compromise as long as I get a better front fork overall.
When will you be bringing that fork out to test it? I am buying the 06 ktech built front end over the winter but for now I bought race tech gold valve kit, gold valve rebound kit, and .95kg/mm springs. I'm trying to make a few more track days on somewhat of a budget. I'm trying my hardest to justify keeping the 2020 ZX10R. My street riding is almost non existent at this point. Makes me want to just buy a new 600 for track only and keeping the Honda. We will see though. I cannot wait to get back out there.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
When will you be bringing that fork out to test it? I am buying the 06 ktech built front end over the winter but for now I bought race tech gold valve kit, gold valve rebound kit, and .95kg/mm springs. I'm trying to make a few more track days on somewhat of a budget. I'm trying my hardest to justify keeping the 2020 ZX10R. My street riding is almost non existent at this point. Makes me want to just buy a new 600 for track only and keeping the Honda. We will see though. I cannot wait to get back out there.
At this time I can't give a definite timeline on when I can take my bike to the track as I'm in the process of renovating my shop, once I secure the premises & move in permanently I can go out & finally ride it. There's also an added hassle of checkpoints going to the track because our government still imposes lockdowns & requirements before you can travel. We're living in a police state here, literally.

Good thing I still have work to keep me busy, I have a 2018 ZX10RR I'm going to disassemble & inspect for usable parts to transfer to the new 2019 ZX10RR I'm going to build for a client. I also located a 2021 HRC CBR600RR race base just north of my location & I'll accompany my friend to have a look at it & potentially buy it. He's getting rid of his GSXR1000R L7 Yoshimura race bike, way too much bike for him & now wants a 600.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
At this time I can't give a definite timeline on when I can take my bike to the track as I'm in the process of renovating my shop, once I secure the premises & move in permanently I can go out & finally ride it. There's also an added hassle of checkpoints going to the track because our government still imposes lockdowns & requirements before you can travel. We're living in a police state here, literally.

Good thing I still have work to keep me busy, I have a 2018 ZX10RR I'm going to disassemble & inspect for usable parts to transfer to the new 2019 ZX10RR I'm going to build for a client. I also located a 2021 HRC CBR600RR race base just north of my location & I'll accompany my friend to have a look at it & potentially buy it. He's getting rid of his GSXR1000R L7 Yoshimura race bike, way too much bike for him & now wants a 600.
That's awesome, alot of the 10r parts should transfer over. I had and was modding my 2020 off the floor with some of my old 16' parts. I am looking at a new 600 also for a build. Idk if I have much time for the street bike currently. We will see. It's a emotional attatchment, which I hate that I have. I know the 600 class is doomed and kawi will be soon to follow the way of the CBR/r6. It sucks. And I can't believe you're a still locked down?!? Holy hell man. Idk what this world is coming to. At this point it's never going to end. Good luck with the new bike inspection. I want to build another set of forks like you have.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts