Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

Registered
Not much, valve adjustments and after that some small stuff. Winter is long so have some wishes, just see what my bank account allows..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Not much, valve adjustments and after that some small stuff. Winter is long so have some wishes, just see what my bank account allows..
Yeah I feel you there. I may be looking into a new track bike here shortly. I am going to take my time and figure out which chassis to build being completely unbiased. I really do like the new CBR, being a kawi guy I just don't know if the 636 is really doing it for me anymore. I just got a crazy new job so finances are looking up....well as up as my girl will let me look up. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Ayyyyeeee looking classy with racetech forks over here now. Lol now for a incredibly slow track day on the 21st trying to dial all of my suspension in at once. Joy. I'm ready to get back out there so much has changed since the last day I rode. I'll go over the bike with a fine tooth comb this weekend and prep with some fresh oil and such.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Is this where you set your fork height? I remember a earlier post oveRRev was talking about adjusting forks to the top for a 15mm extended travel? Also, how high are your rear shocks? I'm 6'1ft (185cm)and the rear shock instructions say no more than 12mm height adjustment?

Registered
To be honest, i am still working to understand everything regarding geometry and the settings of the front and rear. My WP shock is serviced by an (K-Tech) expert and set on weight and he knows my bike. Only after the first ride I will know how this will work out with the front (K-tech piston kit and linear springs). So for now it looks good, the rear is slightly higher then with the stock shock and ill have to measure everything and adjust maybe the front. If needed i will have the bike re-adjusted by him to average start setting. After that its only 1 to 3 clicks up or down. I will know more after the next track/test day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
So I somewhat finished the track bike tonight. The wishlist is as follows:
Slipper clutch
Dyno tune
A Brembo RCS19 or other master
A linear steering stabilizer
Case savers
HRC ECU
A built 05 head

I'm happy where I'm at now but winter will be pricey. This is the final look for now and I'll never outride this suspension. I'll still buy the set I have available to me w ktech carts from the 06.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Well I had a extremely good day at the track the other day. It was a day of dialing the suspension and logging some miles on a new tire (Michelin power cup2). The day started off as you'd expect, pretty horrible trying to get the suspension right for quite a while. After my 2nd run I decided to bite the bullet and pay someone 馃槀. I'm still too new to suspension tuning to throw all the money I've put in this thing lately. It handled ******* great and I was extremely happy. The new wheels make the bike extremely light and front end happy. Turn in is kinda crazy the amount of feedback is unreal. Idk what attributed the most to the feel whether it be tires, suspension, or wheels. I'm happy the bike definitely needs more power so now I'm well sorted a slipper and a head build are in order. Also in need of a master, has anyone had experience fitting a r6 brembo master to the bike? Are there any changes I'd need to make and is it the equivalent of a rcs19?

Attachments

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
So I somewhat finished the track bike tonight. The wishlist is as follows:
Slipper clutch
Dyno tune
A Brembo RCS19 or other master
A linear steering stabilizer
Case savers
HRC ECU
A built 05 head

I'm happy where I'm at now but winter will be pricey. This is the final look for now and I'll never outride this suspension. I'll still buy the set I have available to me w ktech carts from the 06.
What HRC ECU did you get? AMA Spec? 03-04 or 05-06? Do you have the HRC FI setting software & USB cable? If you're using the USDM wiring harness you can repin the plugs to the ECU to enable the shift light & still keep the speedometer & fuel gauge working.

The HRC AMA 03-04 ECU uses a different software than the FIM 05-06 ECU which I have both.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Well I had a extremely good day at the track the other day. It was a day of dialing the suspension and logging some miles on a new tire (Michelin power cup2). The day started off as you'd expect, pretty horrible trying to get the suspension right for quite a while. After my 2nd run I decided to bite the bullet and pay someone 馃槀. I'm still too new to suspension tuning to throw all the money I've put in this thing lately. It handled *** great and I was extremely happy. The new wheels make the bike extremely light and front end happy. Turn in is kinda crazy the amount of feedback is unreal. Idk what attributed the most to the feel whether it be tires, suspension, or wheels. I'm happy the bike definitely needs more power so now I'm well sorted a slipper and a head build are in order. Also in need of a master, has anyone had experience fitting a r6 brembo master to the bike? Are there any changes I'd need to make and is it the equivalent of a rcs19?
Just get a Brembo 19x18 forged master cylinder, they're rebuildable in the event of a crash & cheaper than the RCS19. Forget about the R6 Brembo MC they're only 16mm, unless you're getting it fresh & cheap I would just go buy a new MC.

Another choice would be the Galespeed VRC 19x18-16 master cylinder, you'll probably won't use any other when you experience one, quality is superb, as what you can expect from a Japanese brand.

I used to be a Michelin guy, live the old Power Race & Power Cup tyres until I tasted the Dunlop UK NTEC D212GP & Pirelli Supercorsa SC tyres, we get the Pirelli for about $375 a set here.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
What HRC ECU did you get? AMA Spec? 03-04 or 05-06? Do you have the HRC FI setting software & USB cable? If you're using the USDM wiring harness you can repin the plugs to the ECU to enable the shift light & still keep the speedometer & fuel gauge working.

The HRC AMA 03-04 ECU uses a different software than the FIM 05-06 ECU which I have both.
Sadly, I am still only running the OEM ecu with a power commander 5. It does ok currently, I'm hoping the ECU and cable I can find over the winter. Which one should I aim to pick up? 03-04 or 05-06. I was reading somewhere (possibly here) that the 05-06 units were harder to come by. Is there a USB cable alternative? Also, with the changing of the head over the winter to a 05 head would that change the ECU I'm looking for although I plan on reusing the 03 usdm harness? Sorry for so many dumb questions. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Just get a Brembo 19x18 forged master cylinder, they're rebuildable in the event of a crash & cheaper than the RCS19. Forget about the R6 Brembo MC they're only 16mm, unless you're getting it fresh & cheap I would just go buy a new MC.

Another choice would be the Galespeed VRC 19x18-16 master cylinder, you'll probably won't use any other when you experience one, quality is superb, as what you can expect from a Japanese brand.

I used to be a Michelin guy, live the old Power Race & Power Cup tyres until I tasted the Dunlop UK NTEC D212GP & Pirelli Supercorsa SC tyres, we get the Pirelli for about $375 a set here.
I was a Michelin guy, then a Dunlop guy....back to a Michelin guy. 馃槀 I hold no loyalties apparently as I'd like to try the pirellis and maybe even a set of Metzler slicks for 308 a set. Yeah, I was told about galespeed from oveRRev as well. Im just going to have to find a vendor and grab a set asap. This brick of a master is on borrowed time I'm sure. I assume the 19x18-16 is the correct one I need?

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Sadly, I am still only running the OEM ecu with a power commander 5. It does ok currently, I'm hoping the ECU and cable I can find over the winter. Which one should I aim to pick up? 03-04 or 05-06. I was reading somewhere (possibly here) that the 05-06 units were harder to come by. Is there a USB cable alternative? Also, with the changing of the head over the winter to a 05 head would that change the ECU I'm looking for although I plan on reusing the 03 usdm harness? Sorry for so many dumb questions. 馃槀
My go to guy for hard to find HRC parts "simonkobejapan" on eBay has an 05-06 HRC FIM ECU & harness, it's on my watch list.the difference is the 05-06 HRC ECU & harness has a pit speed limiter function & comes with the left handle bar switch. The 03-04 HRC AMA ECU doesn't have that feature. Everything else is the same when it comes to Fuel, ignition, injector balance maps & shift light. If you buy the HRC USB cable from him it comes with a free CD for the HRC FI setting software.

It does not matter what head you're using as the baseline map for the 03-04 & 05-06 HRC ECU is the same. You start from a Zero map & tune from there, only mess with the ignition map if you have access to a dyno.

If you can get your hands on a copy of the HRC setup manual for the 03-04 600RR it has a wiring diagram for the HRC harness, you can use that to convert your USDM harness to an HRC harness but you have to be very patient if you want to do such a thing.

Reactions: tary preisser

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
My go to guy for hard to find HRC parts "simonkobejapan" on eBay has an 05-06 HRC FIM ECU & harness, it's on my watch list.the difference is the 05-06 HRC ECU & harness has a pit speed limiter function & comes with the left handle bar switch. The 03-04 HRC AMA ECU doesn't have that feature. Everything else is the same when it comes to Fuel, ignition, injector balance maps & shift light. If you buy the HRC USB cable from him it comes with a free CD for the HRC FI setting software.

It does not matter what head you're using as the baseline map for the 03-04 & 05-06 HRC ECU is the same. You start from a Zero map & tune from there, only mess with the ignition map if you have access to a dyno.

If you can get your hands on a copy of the HRC setup manual for the 03-04 600RR it has a wiring diagram for the HRC harness, you can use that to convert your USDM harness to an HRC harness but you have to be very patient if you want to do such a thing.
Thank you so much. I could not for the life of me think of his name. I ran across his auctions a few times. What is pic.uk? I keep finding parts on there but I'm not sure it's a legitimate site? Found a HRC harness and ECU for 300. It may have been sold also so idk why it was still advertised.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Also will this work for me down the line? I'll grab it now. The thickness*
Bought 2pcs of the .55mm HRC head gasket which is the thinnest gasket HRC ever made, you still have to mill the deck of the cylinders to get the squish clearance down to .60mm which is what the HRC set-up manual recommends.

I had my cylinders milled .20mm & still got .64mm squish clearance with the .55mm HRC gasket so try milling .22 to .24mm off the deck. The stock head gasket is .60mm thick.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Thank you so much. I could not for the life of me think of his name. I ran across his auctions a few times. What is pic.uk? I keep finding parts on there but I'm not sure it's a legitimate site? Found a HRC harness and ECU for 300. It may have been sold also so idk why it was still advertised.
Have you tried messaging him? Simon replies quickly & will answer every question about the product. Highly recommended.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
81 - 100 of 105 Posts