Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
After you told me his user name I watched both of those items. I'm ready to buy them, idk if my gfs ready for me to buy them though. It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission though. I'm going to try to play the it's rare card. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,873 Posts
After you told me his user name I watched both of those items. I'm ready to buy them, idk if my gfs ready for me to buy them though. It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission though. I'm going to try to play the it's rare card. Fingers crossed.
Grab those HRC parts while you can, you won't see them anymore as they're discontinued for many years now. If you look hard enough you can find HRC velocity stacks on eBay UK, that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,873 Posts
Grab those HRC parts while you can, you won't see them anymore as they're discontinued for many years now. If you look hard enough you can find HRC velocity stacks on eBay UK, that's where I got mine.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Coming along nicely mate, I'm doing similar down in Aus. Found another HRC ECU and harness over in Japan if you're still tempted. https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c1003934661?lang=en&rc=yaucb
You guys are awesome. I'm going to try to grab one of those today if money allows. Unfortunately my last track day was the other day and now I'm going to be sad for the winter months 😔. I need to move away from winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
What's up everyone? Hope all is well and y'all who can't ride haven't set into boredom depression already after 2 weeks like I have😐. Needless to say the building show must go on. Some things have changed for me where I recently landed my dream job. (Why I haven't been as active) so I take the perks and will be setting myself up to either build a brand new bike or build my 2020 10r and buy a new street bike. Although, I'm more than likely looking for a new 600 to build. In about 6 months I'm going to make my move. Anyways the cbr progress is doing great. I'm just getting to the end of my build list. I literally have +2mm build on the motor, a stabilizer, install my velocity stacks, big rad and grab a HRC ecu/tuning cable.

I have a couple questions and then I'll share the newest add ons. I recently just grabbed a set of used but never down R&G case savers and a Brembo RCS19. I know, I know the galespeed is a Superior master buuuutttttt......shipping is crazy right now and I don't see the U.S sorting out their **** anytime soon. It's made me buy American which is tough for a bike of this age. The support you guys have over seas seems to be second to none. So here are my few tiny questions...I can add pictures to help visualize also.

So the rcs19.....do I need new ss brake lines? On the 03 master the lines go into the side of the master. With the brembo unit I see the outlet for the fluid is underneath. Sooo do I look for specific lines or do I bend my ends a bit? I feel like I had another question butttt I forgot it 😂 so I'll add another post or something. At this point I just want a solid bike for downtime and I'm so close to a trophy build imho.

Edit: I remember my question.....can I mount a Brembo caliper on a 03 fork? Does anyone know it off been done?

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,873 Posts
I'm still using the HEL brake lines made originally for the stock axial master cylinder with no fitment issues on the RCS19 I had before & now on my VRE19.

I believe you need an adaptor to use a Brembo CNC axial mount caliper on our bike as the Brembo axial calipers I see have M10 mounting bolts, stock is M8.

The stock Nissin caliper is more than enough to stop our bike, planning to change out the caliper pistons to castellated titanium caliper pistons for lighter weight & higher thermal resistance.

I'm using SBS RS brake pads & I can literally lift the rear end of the bike when I brake hard. BTW I really love my experimental forks now, better front end feel & compliance over bumps due to the increased stroke even with stiffer fork springs (10.4)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I think I'm going to do some experimenting with different brake pads as well. Maybe it's the rotors. I'll need to figure out the line situation asap. I do still want to try out the fork build as well. I love mine, but I still want to swap to the 05-06 front end w the k-tech carts. I found a decked/ported 05 head for $500. For that money I feel I could get mine done to a spec I want? Am I wrong for thinking this way? So I think the 20' 10r is going to be track only here very shortly. Also, you seem to have a decent amount of experience w the 10R's as well. You think the carbon fiber velocity stacks are worth 200 used? I know it's a hassle with having to retune and minimal power gains. I've been thinking of swapping the sprint p08 f185 for a mwr race filter before a retune. I've been in a slump since I lost my best friend in a riding related accident last Sunday. It's been hard to even go into the garage. I am just glad the bikes almost done. I also priced out building my motor at around 5k (CBR) after tuning and everything. I just want a 0 mile motor in a affordable way. The 5k price tag includes +1mm overbore, HRC gasket and a retune for race fuel. Idk I'd like to tackle the motor and move on. At this point I'll be in the market for another 600. This recent tragedy in my life is motivation to make sure I always have 2 running in good condition track bikes. I'll never ever have a friend of mine tell me they want to go on track but can't afford it. Sorry this is a bit all over the place. 😂 How's the 21' build coming?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Okay guys I’ve been watching this thread for a while now and am getting ready to build my 05-06! I will not take this thread over but wanted to say hi and I will be following along with this build and choosing the same ish parts as I want to turn mine to a designated track bike as well!
Building a track bike you say? Muhhhh whhhhaaaahhaha, welcome to the dark side brother. 😂 Look forward to competing w you on those eBay auctions. In all seriousness, it
wasn't that bad. There is a way to get your parts at cost if you know where to look if you're in the states. I have some things for sale if you're interested as well. And feel free to chime in/take over man. I ain't worried at this point this, is a build thread and def in the wrong section lol. Glad to see another rider building something for the track.

·
Registered
06 cbr600rr
7 Posts
Building a track bike you say? Muhhhh whhhhaaaahhaha, welcome to the dark side brother. 😂 Look forward to competing w you on those eBay auctions. In all seriousness, it
wasn't that bad. There is a way to get your parts at cost if you know where to look if you're in the states. I have some things for sale if you're interested as well. And feel free to chime in/take over man. I ain't worried at this point this, is a build thread and def in the wrong section lol. Glad to see another rider building something for the track.
Haha thanks! Yeah I’ll message you about what you have for sale! I’m looking forward to this bidding war since there is only about 3 places for us to get all this stuff from at this point! Hopefully this next summer it’ll be ready to go but we will see what the wife says... first I need a damn motor as the one I bought is destroyed... and go from there! But looking forward to more updates for this thread!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Haha thanks! Yeah I’ll message you about what you have for sale! I’m looking forward to this bidding war since there is only about 3 places for us to get all this stuff from at this point! Hopefully this next summer it’ll be ready to go but we will see what the wife says... first I need a damn motor as the one I bought is destroyed... and go from there! But looking forward to more updates for this thread!
Stay tuned, I went a bit crazy last week trying to finish the bike. I will have alot of parts coming in/for sale cheap.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
A new track build underway....well, when the Honda is done 😂
09 zx6r I owned it before and it's not completely stock. I have full bolt ons already. So q/s, bodywork, clip ons, full exhaust, and rear sets to start. It's going to be a slow build that's done right. Plus, idk if I want to afford multiple sets of tires for multiple bikes this yeah lol I'll include some more pictures tomorrow if you're all interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
That’s freaking awesome!!!! I want mine back now! I still can’t wait to see your cbr in action though! I have some work issues going on so I can’t buy parts just yet.... hopefully it’ll be figured out soon!
That's life man, they aren't going anywhere and not to mention one more eBay bidder won't be snagging those 03-06 CBR deals competing with you 😉

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
You guys getting cabin fever yet? I know I am. Figured I'd drop by with some updates for those following. I'm hoping for a big weekend in the garage as I have to add a good amount of parts, full exhaust, retune, my "custom" velocity stacks, motion pro rev2 with the motion pro on/off switch, brembo RCS 19 (might get donated to the ZX6R), samco hoses, new sbs carbon race pads, HRC rear brake reservoir delete......annnndddd I think there's more lol. Idk I'm at work currently. Ohhh high pressure rad cap to help with the coolant smell as I figured it could be boiling over? Idk other big news is i finally got the bike in for a valve check expecting the absolute worst. Remember, I bought this bike with 19k miles and roughly 5.5 qts of oil in it....so I was expecting the absolute worst. To my surprise everything checked out within spec! Needless to say I was happy as hell to make out of the dealership for 300 bucks. Now I think I'll tackle valve jobs in the future myself it seems crazy that I wasn't confident enough to do it. After some internet research I'm going for it next time on my own. That's all for today but I'll def be back after some wrench turning this weekend.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,873 Posts
I check & adjust the valves on each cylinder when both intake & exhaust valves are closed, it makes for a more consistent reading.

5.5qts?! Your engine is basically flooded, good thing it hasn't locked up.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r
101 - 120 of 123 Posts