Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I check & adjust the valves on each cylinder when both intake & exhaust valves are closed, it makes for a more consistent reading.

5.5qts?! Your engine is basically flooded, good thing it hasn't locked up.
I I know I can't believe it was that low when I got it 😉 on a serious note I'm sure it was the ol' filling the bike on the side stand routine for the previous owner. I'm grateful it wasn't locked when I bought it. Yeah I found a PDF of the valves and I think I'll give it a go in the future. I hope I get some time to throw some of these parts on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Well update time I suppose. I got the CBR back the other day with 19k on the motor the valves were within spec! Needless, to say I was excited. Other than that I scored a 05 from a member that needs a few things before it's whole again. Frame seems to be straight and he said it's a running motor. I'll throw some pics up

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Hello guys, it's been a while for me and I apologize. Anyways, made some adjustments to the bike and went out for my first track day for the year locally and it was a riot. I moved my rearsets and bought some new woodcraft clip ons for the CBR among other things. Been trying to clearance my throttle for like the last week for a r6 throttle tube but for some reason I can't figure out what's binding it up so still OEM for now. Going to NYST today and Monday. I'm stoked, my body position is a 1000 times better with the new adjustments. I think the bike is about 75% dialed in. Just need to work a few more kinks out for a perfect weekend warrior now. Anyways, I'll have some pics to share hopefully in the next day or so as the track photo dude is on the ball usually.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts