Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set of Pilot Power 2CT's put on. My bike feels totally different. Is this normal? I had the BT016's before.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how it feels different? I have a set of the 2ct tires in my room waiting to be mounted and balanced. Do you like them so far?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is good -it shows you are in tune with your bike. You will notice with different tire carcarsses (shape) that you will have to adjust the amount of lean and how much you countersteer. Be careful some some profiles have a harder initial turn in and then a drop off when you go on the edge (IMO PIlots), whereas other tires toss your right over (IMO Diablo Corsas).

Take it slow and the tires will teach you how to work with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a 500 miles on the 2cts comming from stock qualifiers, i fer sure think the turn in is much quicker with 2cts, easily noticable.

I also think the dual compound is noticable as well, im not sure i like it so much. went and did some twisties the other day, and could feel the back slipping when not all the way leaned in and giving some throttle, didnt have that problem before lol

havent done twisties at 100% speed yet either, little too cold at night still :banghead:

the main compound on the 2ct is the same as the original pilot powers right?

G

·
Have a 500 miles on the 2cts comming from stock qualifiers, i fer sure think the turn in is much quicker with 2cts, easily noticable.

I also think the dual compound is noticable as well, im not sure i like it so much. went and did some twisties the other day, and could feel the back slipping when not all the way leaned in and giving some throttle, didnt have that problem before lol

havent done twisties at 100% speed yet either, little too cold at night still :banghead:

the main compound on the 2ct is the same as the original pilot powers right?
I call dibs on first pick of parts you're selling after you wreck your bike on the street.

·
Banned
280 Posts
I want in on that part out !

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how it feels different? I have a set of the 2ct tires in my room waiting to be mounted and balanced. Do you like them so far?

Turn in is much quicker than the bt016's. Bike feels a little less stable, but more nimble. I just have to get used to them. I haven't gone riding in the canyons yet, so I can't give any feedback on the cornering. I don't even have 100 miles on them.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,793 Posts
Turn in is much quicker than the bt016's. Bike feels a little less stable, but more nimble. I just have to get used to them. I haven't gone riding in the canyons yet, so I can't give any feedback on the cornering. I don't even have 100 miles on them.
that's what i thought too when i switch from the Pilot Power to Power Race tires, as if the Pilot Power isn't already got a fast turn in the Power Race tires have a lot quicker turn in & falls into lean quicker, in short the Power Race tires don't have a slow transition from straight up to full lean like the other tires, Michelin prefers it this way & is geared towards riders that like that kind of characteristic in their bikes.

now i've gotten so used to it that if i ride another bike with a different brand of tires it feels kind of weird to. my advice is just to adapt to the new tires, you'll get used to it just like i did on mine.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
completely used 016's and brand new 016's will feel really different too, cause the profile on an old tire is warn flat, a new tire will handle much better,... it will almost feel like it is falling into the corners

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree, coming from qualifiers for the past 3 years I threw on a set of 2ct's that I got for cheap. Big difference in turn in. I get more confidence with the 2ct's than the qualifiers too. I've put about 3k on them so far. I've been told the center is the same compound as the regular PP's so my next tire will just be the regulars. I don't get all the way over in the street anyways.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rode again yesterday and I'm liking the quicker turn in. Bike feels more nimble. I'm still waiting to get 100 miles before I hit the canyons.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
completely used 016's and brand new 016's will feel really different too, cause the profile on an old tire is warn flat, a new tire will handle much better,... it will almost feel like it is falling into the corners
I don't remember feeling much difference in turn in when switching from dunlops to bridgestone. My Bt's were actually worn on the sides and not the center, so they looked more triangular, not flat. I don't commute much. Mostly canyons on the weekends. The PP's definately feel like they have a quicker turn in than the Bt's.

·
Banned
718 Posts
i feel the pilot's turn in slower but more predictably, but it looks like i'm alone on that!

(comparing 2 different cbr's, one with stock dq and mine with pp/2ct)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used Power One few times before and also noticed that the bike was less stable. It caused a big tankslapper at a corner that I haven't had any problem before with other tires. After the crash, I lowered the front end to try to stablised it but still cannot get rid of the head shake. I finally decided to use BT003 and shake was gone.

Another issue of the Power One is that when the tires near the end of their life, they tend to lose grip in a very fast rate. On Pirreri SC or Bridgestone BT, you can feel controllable slides so that you know its the time to consider to change your tires.

Here is the link of the vid of the tankslapper.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=181704

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Do the PP's have the same profile as the 2CT's?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Normal for different brands/models of tires to feel different.

Also normal for things to feel strange when coming off a worn out (cupped, flat spotted, etc.) set of tires and onto a new set. That 'strange' feeling is you getting reacquainted with the normal ride/feel of new round tires.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Its the change in profiles. My experience was the exact opposite of what you described my BT16 was worn to the limits on the side and new in the middle and it turned in very fast, and then when i put in the new 2ct the steering was alot slower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts