Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats good guys! Im from MN and just getting into riding streetbikes. I have ridden dirt bikes my wholelife and just recently hopped on my buddies gs500 and now want a bike of my own. The question is what do I get for a first bike? Some people have said dont get a 600cc bike because it is too powerfull and I will kill myself. I really like the rr but I know how dangerous the sport can be and adding a bike that is too powerful would probably not end good.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
A) Welcome
B) i'm from MN as well, grew up near Oakdale (now i live over in Golden Valley)
C) get a 600RR, it was my first bike and i don't regret it one bit.
D) take the MSF course if you've never ridden on the streets
E) get gear the same day you get the bike (make sure you budget for both) and actually wear it.

HAVE FUN!!! and post pics when you get the bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A) Welcome
B) i'm from MN as well, grew up near Oakdale (now i live over in Golden Valley)
C) get a 600RR, it was my first bike and i don't regret it one bit.
D) take the MSF course if you've never ridden on the streets
E) get gear the same day you get the bike (make sure you budget for both) and actually wear it.

HAVE FUN!!! and post pics when you get the bike
Thanks and I am planning on taking the course already and will for sure get all the right gear.
I don't doubt that I would love the RR I just have no idea how pwerful it actually is and wanted to make sure I wouldn't get myself in over my head right away and not enjoy myself.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thanks and I am planning on taking the course already and will for sure get all the right gear.
I don't doubt that I would love the RR I just have no idea how pwerful it actually is and wanted to make sure I wouldn't get myself in over my head right away and not enjoy myself.
well it's pretty powerful, but as long as you don't ride like an a$$hat and actually listen at the MSF class, you should be fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings from ND man. Your dirtbike experience will do you well. I never rode a bike in my life until I picked up my (former) 05 cbr. Respect it, and it'll respect you. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.