Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents. I have a 12' CBR 600, and I am looking for any good ideas on how to make it MY bike. It is the black color way. So far I took all the stickers off of it, except the gas tank, and I also painted all the pegs and any other equipment I could get off black. I also put a nice little fender eliminator kit on it, flush turn signals, and new grips. I also bought frame sliders and Angel eye headlights but I did not have enough time to put them on before I PSC'd to South Korea. Besides that it looked very ify if I was going to do it my self. I had to put it in storage for a year, so I will need new tires :bang head: any suggestions? I am going to put an exhaust on the bad boy just not to sure on what brand. I want to add some color to it, and I still have time to change the color of the angel eyes. So I am just looking for anything else to personalize my bike. I still have till next July till I can even ride again, so thought I would start buying everything now. Thanks for the advice!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
First off welcome to the forum!

There is an endless list of various mods you can add to your bike. Everyone on here is going to have different opinions on the matter.

Not sure how much experience you have with riding so I'll start with what I think are the most important things to change. If you truly want to make the bike "yours" be sure to take the time and actually change the things that really matter. Ask yourself what kind of riding you plan on doing. Street? Stunt? Track? A little bit of everything?

Adjust your bars and levers to suit YOUR riding style. Same goes for foot-pegs and brake/clutch pedals. You should be able to achieve good adjustment with stock, but if need be you can always "upgrade" to aftermarket levers or rear sets.

As far as exhaust goes, I would say its probably the most controversial mod that you can do. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - has a different preference. Best thing you can do is go to some local bike meets and see if you can take a look at some up close and personal.

Lastly, it's your bike - to do with what every you would like, and I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to spend your money. However, before you start sinking all your $$ into mods, I can tell you that it is DEFINITELY a worth while experience to take some advanced riding lessons or do some track days. Whats the point in buying all those expensive upgrades if you can't enjoy them to their fullest?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been riding for about a year. I had a nasty spill a few years ago and I will take riding purely for enjoyment. I use to live in South Dakota so summer rides through the hills were amazing. I would say I will probably stay with street.

That is what I am looking for, ADVICE. I will do some research on the mods I would like and keep posting. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts