Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed z-bomb, got the sag set 34 front 29 rear, bike handles so much better, did the cbr heaven mod.. dont like that the license plate bracket is rubbing the fender, might end up moving it..CL-C59 front brake pads,spiegler lines. my first track day on this bike will be july 20 at autobahn in joliet il.advanced group, i cant wait..changed my oil for the first time at 829 miles put amsoil full synthetic in her, well i think thats it so far

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I like how most of your mods has to do with performance. Post up some pics!
:+1: that is a nice change around here. Good luck in advanced group for your first track day. Im not doubting your skill or criticizing so please dont take what Im about to say as that. But it is a lot different on the track a really fast street rider is generally a slower to mid pace track rider. It is better to start in the lower group for your first td, and have instructors bump you up accordingly than just jumping in and hoping you can swim. Once again Im not criticizing I have just seen one too many people wad up a perfectly good bike trying to keep up because they signed them selves up for a higher group then they were really ready for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:+1: that is a nice change around here. Good luck in advanced group for your first track day. Im not doubting your skill or criticizing so please dont take what Im about to say as that. But it is a lot different on the track a really fast street rider is generally a slower to mid pace track rider. It is better to start in the lower group for your first td, and have instructors bump you up accordingly than just jumping in and hoping you can swim. Once again Im not criticizing I have just seen one too many people wad up a perfectly good bike trying to keep up because they signed them selves up for a higher group then they were really ready for.
excellent advice. ill keep that in mind when i finally get to go to a track.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
excellent advice. ill keep that in mind when i finally get to go to a track.
Good, if you really are too fast for the group you will know. If you tell an instructor you want to get bumped to the next level they will generally follow you for one session at most, then they will either move you up or work with you for a few more sessions to get you ready to go up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have done a many track days and have been bumped to advanced, but it was all on a 1000 havent been on the track with a 600, i agree with what you said tho, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.