Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first bike ever was a 2009 CBR 600RR I love it, hard on my shoulders but I'm getting used to it.

My girl friend wants to ride, she took MSF, we shopped, discussed, and looked and decided to get an older bike.

We are big on gear, and training, so I know that with respect and training she will be OK.

We ended up finding a 1997 Honda F3 600

It's in pretty good condition and the only regret I have is NOT buying an old one like this for my own first 600 !!! DAMMIT

I am not capable of riding my 600RR anywhere near it's limits. I could have had just as much fun on a F3 or F4 and done all the things I do today.

Dangit !! Lesson learned ..

LISTEN TO OLDER RIDERS WITH LOTS OF Experience .... I was told time and time again by riders with XP .. buy a OLD Bike ... I didnt listen ..

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my new CBR .. but this F3 is Damn FUN

Now as far as PICS I wil be cleaning her up this weekend and washing both bikes and I'll put some pics together so stay tuned

One Final Note ... I am NOT going to Track my 2009 RR, Instead we are going to Track the F3 until we are clear of Novice level. Maybe even Level 1 This way we don't hurt the precious :)

I feel real good about this, because again this F3 can go 120-130 Mph anyway so it's better than doing track on a Ninja 250 but not risking my brand new 09 when I'm still learning !

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Sounds good.

I've always said its best to get something your not afraid to wreck for you first bike.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good.

I've always said its best to get something your not afraid to wreck for you first bike.

Yeah recently I met a Track Instructor he told me .. "you should spend more on your first set of gear than you do on your first bike"

The problem I think is getting someone who has never ridden to comprehend what a super sport is capable of and the skill required to use the machine at it's potential.

I'm still learning and the more I learn, the more I respect it, and the more I say to myself HOLY CRAP I bought this as my first bike ?

I'm having a blast on the F3 btw, every bit as fun as my 09

The F3 makes me respect grooves in the pavement, and what my 09 does to make them feel like they don't exist

·
Registered
689 Posts
i hear you man, my first bike was a 02 zx6 that i put maybe 150 miles on and somebody backed into it and i sold it took the money and got a brand new 09 pheonix, I still consider this my first bike because i got the zx6 late in the season so i never really had a chance to ride it. So im with you on the being scared to drop it and all, pretty much am glad i went and got a new bike because everytime im on it all that replays in my head is dont fin drop this thing dude and everytime i handle it i am extra extra careful and not had any bad luck so far with it (knocks on wood). good luck

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard on your shoulders? Need to not put any weight on the handle bars while you ride, try to carry your weight on your feet.

seems to be getting better with time, it's my left shoulder for some reason it hurts alot especially if i get stuck in traffic with stop/go

i've noticed if i spend a day in the country then it's not so bad

the F3 is more upright and alot more comfortable

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh by the way the F3 cost us 1700.00 and is in running condition and it screams !!

I've taken it to all the same twisties i normally run, and have opened it up on a clear highway to about 105, and nooo problem doing anything my 09 can do

The ONLY big difference is you notice the steering dampener is NOT there when you find a rut in the road or uneven pavement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts