Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i'm a recnet and PROUD member of the CBR 600rr family :D i just got an 04 red and black bike and i'm loving it. Unfortunately due to financial constraints i had to get it used :( . i was told by the previous owner that the wheels are new and in great condition, for some reason i doubt that. i haven't slipped off the bike so far but i would be greatful if you guys can tell me how to check the quality of my wheels. THNX :)

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

are they dinged, dented, heavily scratched? got stands? if so put your bike up on them and spin the wheels and look for excessive run out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
other than a few small cracks here and there i can't see amy major damage done to the wheels, can i be confident taking corners without slipping?, cause its the traction i'm worried about....... some would say just buy a new wheel but i can't find a place that sells proper wheels :s :s,,,, where i'm from ppl don't take proper care of their bikes :'(

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
post pics of your tires. when you said wheels i thought you were asking about the rim/rotor assembly. but now it sounds like you mean the tires.

as for confidence, thats something you build over time with your tires. me im 100% confident with my pirelli SC3's but ive been using them for a lot of KM. im soon switching to a set of dunlop ntec 211's. i will start out easy on them till i get used to their feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.