Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I am a new proud owner of a 2004 Candy Blue 600rr as of last night. I have never owned a 600cc moto and would like to have some feedback regarding the power and how I should approach the wonderful piece of machinery. I look forward to your answers and will post pics of the motorcycle once I have them downloaded.

K

·
0 Posts
I have never owned a 600cc moto and would like to have some feedback regarding the power and how I should approach the wonderful piece of machinery.
With great care and respect with a dash of conservatism. Since it's your first 600cc (but not your first bike a presume) you'll appreciate the liniar power delivery. however this bike can turn really sharply. it's not your garden variety cruiser that's for damn sure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
With great care and respect with a dash of conservatism. Since it's your first 600cc (but not your first bike a presume) you'll appreciate the liniar power delivery. however this bike can turn really sharply. it's not your garden variety cruiser that's for damn sure.
+1 and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be very honest with you, this is my first motorcycle, I have ridden smaller cc here and there but not frequently. What suggestions if any do you have for basically a first timer!

K

·
0 Posts
To be very honest with you, this is my first motorcycle, I have ridden smaller cc here and there but not frequently. What suggestions if any do you have for basically a first timer!
honestly? A different bike.

no joke.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's going to be a great experiance so enjoy it! I'm a new owner of an 05 600RR and I'm still learning the differeces from my 98 YZF 600R. Take it slow and get a feel for the bike before you start to push her to the limits. And trust me you can push it pretty far and still feel comfortable, but give it time. +1 on the gear!

·
Wheelies Do Not Stop At 12.00 o'clock try 15.00
1,099 Posts
as long as you dont get big headed and stay wiht in your bounderies you should be okay on the 600RR..its when you start to think you can handle all of power is when you get in trouble...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Take a riders course, get some good riding gear and treat your bike with kid gloves for a while...one of the worst things that you can think is that it is "just" a 600.

Welcome to the family and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the site! Don't let people tell you that's it's "just a 600." They have no idea how quick 600's can be. I noticed that the people that tell me that have never even rode a bike, enough said. I started riding on my other 600RR, I'm currently working on one I just bought. They're good bikes!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have now been on the 600rr a few times since I purchased it, and took into consideration what most have said regarding respecting the motorcycle. I have to say that it has been a blast thus far, it is incredibly quick and I am not even pushing it (being a new rider and all), it gets a whack of looks and responds very well to rider reaction. I am going to be away from it for the next two days due to business and will miss her dearly for the time period. I appreciate all the responses and am now addicted as most are. Looking forward to warm summer days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts