Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing new front pads and rotors on my 06 600RR. Everything during the install went smooth. But when I took it for a ride and tested the brakes I got bad vibration in the front end. Everything is brand new and cant see that I installed anything incorrectly. What could it be? Wanted to ride so bad this really sucks :banghead:

D

·
0 Posts
Could be that the new rotors are warped, or the calipers and/or rotors are loose.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be that the new rotors are warped, or the calipers and/or rotors are loose.
Yeah I'm scared that the brand new rotors may be warped. Nothing is loose that's for sure, everything tightened down to proper torque specs. Just hoping for other suggestions but looks like I may be screwed. I'll try and take it apart and reinstall, if it doesn't fix it I guess I have to take it in to the dealer fml..

D

·
0 Posts
Might be worth it to just check if they are warped or not before pulling anything off. New or aftermarket rotors?

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its new aftermarket wave rotors and new versah rjl pads. I made sure when installing the rotors to offset them.

I just took it out again for another spin too see if I could better feel what is going on. I'm not sure if it's just the pad and rotor combination needing to bed-in or if the rotors are warped. I would feel the vibration during fairly hard breaking coming down from 80mph as well at lower speeds, and then other times it wouldn't be that bad almost ok. It was less prominent if I pulled the clutch in. Also when coming to a complete abrupt stop there is a shudder and slight audible buzz from front fairings.

I don't know if I'm "looking" for the vibration now, but I swear it feels different than before. I don't know how much vibration is acceptable. Don't have a dial caliper so I can't confirm if rotors are warped or not. Think I may just take it to my local honda dealer and have them ride it and see what they think.

ETA: Did a search and some say that its possible to have rotors on wrong direction? Don't see any directional markings on the rotors so probably a long shot but might try it.

D

·
0 Posts
The rotors being on backwards would cause that, especially if they're full floating.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
didn't read the other responses but be sure you also put the washer and spacer in the rim the correct way, spacer goes on the clutch lever side, flat washer goes on the brake lever side good luck

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didn't read the other responses but be sure you also put the washer and spacer in the rim the correct way, spacer goes on the clutch lever side, flat washer goes on the brake lever side good luck
Didn't take the spacer out and don't think a washer fell out. I will look again to make sure though.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talked to the seller I got the rotors from and explained the vibrations, he says it sounds like they may have been slightly bent during shipping and is sending me a new set. Guess I'll see how it goes with the new ones which should be coming next week. Thanks for everybody's help I'll post back how it goes!

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update, got the replacement rotors on and its smooth braking again :cruising: Thanks for everyone's help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts