Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys i crashed my bike about 2 months ago and just recently got it painted. It slid down the highway about 75 mph (not 2 much damage only 1,600). I know the rims look different thats becuase i had to buy a new one. Tripage will be powder coating them white. The rearsets, and cases will be black. I am also putting on black tribal graphics.

BEFORE

AFTER CRASH

BIKE AFTER NEW PAINT (ceramic white pearl) rims will be white with black tribal graphics

I would like my bike to look like this after im done.. PHOTOSHOPPED

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
nice i like the all white look

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL.. Well. My girl hated the seat, so i went to wal-mart and bought a gel bike seat and placed it under hers. I then removed all the original padding and put special 1/2 thick sheet of gel in it. Now She loves it. It looks kind of funny, but now she doesnt complain about her a$$ and back hurting. :)

EsotericRR said:
looks good man, but what are you smuggling in the passenger seat?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kelvrick said:
How'd you repair your plastics?
Well i wet sanded the hell out of them. Put fiberglass on the messed up spots and sanded it down. Primed it to find the marks. Put spot puddy in the tiny marks and holes and wet sanded that. Primed again to make sure it wouldnt show up. if they were flawless i stopped and sent them to paint. It took awhile, but i had to rework in the curves with fiberglass to make them perfect. You cant even tell they were crashed. I did buy a new tail and front fairing. I have a extra tail and sides that im fixing now to sell cheap.

·
Registered
283 Posts
acldillill said:
Well i wet sanded the hell out of them. Put fiberglass on the messed up spots and sanded it down. Primed it to find the marks. Put spot puddy in the tiny marks and holes and wet sanded that. Primed again to make sure it wouldnt show up. if they were flawless i stopped and sent them to paint. It took awhile, but i had to rework in the curves with fiberglass to make them perfect. You cant even tell they were crashed. I did buy a new tail and front fairing. I have a extra tail and sides that im fixing now to sell cheap.
Thanks.

Is there a reason you used fiberglass though? Its something I haven't found on my searches of the forum, but I never found a clear answer on whether the rr fairings were fiberglass or abs plastic. If its ABS plastic, I would think abs cement would do better.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I like the white, I hate the tribal.

Jason

·
Registered
382 Posts
tribal is really lame. leave it white it looks so crisp! tribal does nothing but make you look like every other factory bike. personal preference but seriously. white bikes = sex

·
Registered
442 Posts
go Tribal !

I think though that there is a difference in the
appearance of OEM tribal and after market stickers.

The OEM ones look like the actual Tribal look which is
made famous by a japanese tattoo artist.
The 05 oem ones are dark metalic silver...
Which I think would look good on white.

The after market ones look like cheap flames.

post up photos when you get done...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kelvrick said:
Thanks.

Is there a reason you used fiberglass though? Its something I haven't found on my searches of the forum, but I never found a clear answer on whether the rr fairings were fiberglass or abs plastic. If its ABS plastic, I would think abs cement would do better.
I believe most of them are ABS Plastic, but i know on my old pieces when i fiberglasses them to repair cracks it held perfect. I used the fiberglass "bondo" that you can find at walmart to fill deep scratches. Then sanded it down, spot puddy, wet sanded, then primed to see if i had pin holes. if so i hit it with spot puddy again and primed... repeat till perfect. Im sure people might say this is wrong, but i guess everyone does things different. I just know it works and looks good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
White looks really good!

·
Registered
771 Posts
i love the white look.

kinetic, is that u or your girl? the way you or she is covering the clutch reminds me of my MSF instructor a few years ago when I took the class who did nothing but yell at us to have "4 fingers on the clutch at ALL TIMES!!"

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ms8367 said:
i love the white look.

kinetic, is that u or your girl? QUOTE]

LOL MS8367 i think the finger nails give it away if its him or his girl lol...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts