Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 04 600RR. Took a chance as it went for a ride on it's side. Changed the oil immediately and went for a ride. Rides nice and straight, good response. Well worth what I paid. Here's how it looked as I got it...

You can see the side fairing and tank are rashed.

A better look at that fairing and you can see the crank case cover has rash.

Tail fairing has rash and a nice crack. The rear seat is ripped.

So I left the bike on the steet outside my house on a Friday night and woke up on Saturday to find the bike lying on it's right side. Lifted it up and found the rearset snapped clean off. Likely some drunk douche sitting on it and dropping it while getting off. The peg also snapped off.

I sourced a used set of OEM rearsets from a 600rr<dot>net member. Waiting for them now. And no, I don't leave the bike on the street anymore.

I've stripped the fairings off and checked out the frame, forks, radiator and everything else I can see and it looks good. Here's how it looks now.

Stuff I've ordered and/or I will be doing...

- Air filter
- Grips
- Alarm install (purchased a year ago but didn't install on my last bike)
- New plastics (including rear seat cowl and windscreen)
- New face plate and LEDs for the cluster
- Will be powder coating the rims
- Thinking about powder coating the case covers, rearsets and pillion foot rests (aftermarket rearsets are in the distant future).

Stuff the bike had when I bought it...

- Pazzo leavers
- Steel braided brake lines
- Akropovic CF slip-on
- Flushmount LED front turn signals (they weren't installed so they're brand spankin')
- LED rear turn signals
- RR bar ends
- New brake fluid cap (you can see the one in the pic is rashed)

I think that's about it. I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I'll update as things progress.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good luck on the project.

Might as well upgrade to a radial brake fluid reservoir, rather than changing the cap of the existing one.

Also might want to check out the 90 degree valve stems if you are going to take apart the wheels. Make sure when you send it to powdercoating they don't bake the wheels at super high temps, which would weaken the structure of the wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Kenshinhimura
Thanks for sub'n me. No vids lately as winter just ended and I've now sold the 250. Will post some vids of this bike as I put it together.

@slowboyracing
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into all of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts