Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 CBR600RR is my first bike, and I love it to death. I've been doing some easy jobs to keep the bike in good shape and now I want to know what are some other maintenance jobs that I can try to mess with. The previous owner had the bike sit in his garage for almost a year without touching it, so I decide I want to do as many as I can. So far I've done oil & oil filter change, coolant flush, chain cleaning & lube, suspension adjustment, fork seal cleaning. Currently I'm thinking to bleed the brakes, change air filter, install new fairing kits, install new grips & levers, wrap headlight and tail light, install new mirrors, lube control cables. Any suggestions on what I should & should not touch as a newbie? I have 0 mechanics experiences. I usually spend a whole afternoon and follow youtube video to do one job at a time.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
make sure the brake calipers are clean and tidy, pads are good and that the pistons move freely....then bleed the system, fresh fresh fluid in, flush the dirt from the system until fluid runs clean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you do not have a copy of the repair manual, you should get it before you attempt any significant repairs/maintenance. The manual is really good about referencing any special tools you may need as well as proper methods (which includes what NOT to do). Mechanical experience is less important that mechanical aptitude. Read the procedure start to finish before you start it so you understand the steps as well as how to complete it properly and safely.

·
Registered
2005 CBR600RR
4 Posts
If you do not have a copy of the repair manual, you should get it before you attempt any significant repairs/maintenance. The manual is really good about referencing any special tools you may need as well as proper methods (which includes what NOT to do). Mechanical experience is less important that mechanical aptitude. Read the procedure start to finish before you start it so you understand the steps as well as how to complete it properly and safely.
I second this, the hard copy Clymer service manual I picked up years ago was worth every penny! How many miles are on the bike now? I'd make sure all the mechanical stuff is squared away before doing anything cosmetic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts