Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Might wanna try and post this in the maintainance section..You may get some better responses..But I'll try my hand at it..

Does it click when you try and start it?
Dead or weak battery maybe?
How many miles are on it?

If battery is good open up your tank and smell your gas (don't breath in too heavily;) If it smells like varnish you might wanna siphon the old stuff out and put some new stuff in..(this is if it has been sitting for awhile)
If it's not these two things..I'll need more info on the bike to get a better idea for whats going on

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
juni5 said:
Might wanna try and post this in the maintainance section..You may get some better responses..But I'll try my hand at it..

Does it click when you try and start it?
Dead or weak battery maybe?
How many miles are on it?

If battery is good open up your tank and smell your gas (don't breath in too heavily;) If it smells like varnish you might wanna siphon the old stuff out and put some new stuff in..(this is if it has been sitting for awhile)
If it's not these two things..I'll need more info on the bike to get a better idea for whats going on
+1 but congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
799 Posts
an easy problem would be to make sure it's in neutral first, cause it wont start if in gear with the stand down....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a '04 600rr with 6,000 miles on it. i tried putting it in neutral and it still didn't work with the kickstand up too. i called my friends who owned bikes too and we did a run start and it turned on, but i dont want to always have to run start =[. do you think it's the batteries? i also read in the the troubleshooting section and a lot of peopel seem to have the same problem.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Probably the battery. Just recharge it if you have a battery charger. Or get a new one.

Mine was totally dead before and i used my car charger on it and worked fine.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Sounds like the battery, my bike did the same thing. Most shops will have to order it, so get it done before the weekend.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
kin6pin said:
what's a good motorcycle battery brand ?
Any one is fine..We carry Yuasa, haven't had any complaints..Have the shop you go to test your battery first, maybe it is salvageable...New batterys cost some dough...

·
Registered
799 Posts
+1 Yuasa it has a 6 month warranty too

·
Registered
30 Posts
U can get an extended warranty from cycle gear for like $5 ish bucks.. i think it extends the warranty to a year minimum.. i forgot when exactly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts