Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hello:

Hey everybody, i've been browsin this forum for about a month now, since i picked up my RR. I have to say i'm really impressed on how you guys encourage everyone to wear proper gear and stay safe out on the streets.

This is my first streetbike, but i've been riding dirt for the last 12 years of my life. I look foward to postin here and learnin from everybody

and some pics, shes still stock.

1.)

2.)

3.)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Dirt is nothing like street riding, make sure to take it easy for a while. It is a WHOLE different ball game out on the black top.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice bike, congrats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

yeah, dirt is completely different, i only benefit from having throttle control and clutch/shifting skills down pat. the dynamics of riding arent the same, but its still better then starting off fresh. thats gotta be scary, throw in a noob rider and then some traffic and nothing good can come of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kindschi said:
Congrats on the 600rr! Buy it new?

And nice choose on color ;)
Yep brand new :love10:
It was hard choosing between the red and the black, but i dont have any regrets. Arrest me red, is dont hit me red too :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
So fresh and so clean... nice bike and pics too.

·
Registered
812 Posts
919 said:
Dirt is nothing like street riding, make sure to take it easy for a while. It is a WHOLE different ball game out on the black top.

Good Luck...
Two different mediums yes, but there's no doubt there are tons of transferable skills - no doubt. A statement such that above tells me that, at best, you've done some recreational/odd trail riding. There's so much you can take from MX to the street, it's not even funny. I'd suggest that if the thread starter has (12) years of even semi-serious trail riding he passed "squid" status the moment he signed the check for his bike.

Like any bike, it takes time to get the bike to feel like an extension of you. The RR does that very quickly. In no time, you'll find yourself very comfortable on the street.

Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
503 Posts
which is what i have been saying having basic bike operation from dirt has got to be advantagous compared to being a virgin rider.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
nice pics, and the bike looks great.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts