Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got an RR. I joined this site about a year ago and under the advice of some of you, especially F4i Guy (thanks!) rode a naked 400 for a while before moving up. I picked it up on Saturday and put about 100km on it between then and today. At first I thought it wasn't the rocket I imagined, until I noticed it felt like time to shift into second at about double the speed limit. :icon_lol: I seemed to get that under control today. Oops.

I had the dealer put on a Mugen slip-on, get rid of the horrendous mud flap, slap on the solo cowl, tape the wheels and put a link in to drop it down about 1" for me - yes, I'm a shorty. Sticker price was US$7100 and after the tax, registration, insurance and mods it came to US$9000, which I was quite happy with since I got it from an authentic Honda dealer so it gets an extra 1-year on the warranty (2 standard + 1 from dealer).

I took a few pics yesterday, but the lighting was brutal and I couldn't really be bothered doing that when I could be riding it. Here they are:

Looking forward to learning a lot more about the bike from you all!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Maaku....havent seen you post up in awhile bro.
i see why....lol
Congrats on the RR mang. good lookin bike. time for mods and upgrades.
i see rim tape, solo cowl and that sweeeeeet Mugen exhaust....lucky bastid. :pimp:

::edit::
sorry mang...went straight to pics...didnt read your post til now. im a :tard: lol

ride safe mang

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah slaps, don't worry about the post I wrote - the pics say a lot more.

I was going to get Moriwaki frame sliders, but didn't. Might get them on later. The lights are staying as is - dealer told me that even if you get non-flushmount lights, the area of the light could be a legal issue in case of an accident. I might get a different rearset - not sure what to get, but Aratas look nice. I need to do something about the clutch - my fingers are short and my wrist was killing me after the first ride - I don't think I'm putting weight on it, it's just from stretching fingers to pull in the clutch.

SLAPS808 said:
Maaku....havent seen you post up in awhile bro.
i see why....lol
Congrats on the RR mang. good lookin bike. time for mods and upgrades.
i see rim tape, solo cowl and that sweeeeeet Mugen exhaust....lucky bastid. :pimp:

::edit::
sorry mang...went straight to pics...didnt read your post til now. im a :tard: lol

ride safe mang

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you got the best color congrats man
wear your gear and take your time
getting aquainted with the bike

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
you can always get pazzo or CRG levers which should be adjustable for the clutch.

bike looks good though, welcome back

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Moeman, I've got the gear and will just be commuting for the first few weeks. I'll take it out to the hills once I have a littel more experience on it. Thanks for the tip on the levers, ME2.

I got this exciting equipment with it without asking - thought I wouldn't for an 06:

Here's a better pic of the back without the glare:

N

·
0 Posts
He's in Japan so he has access to all sorts of brands out there....you bastard!!!:icon_geek

Congrats on the bike, bro.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey sweet ride mate! btw, you mentioned you lowered your bike? a friend of mine is a real shorty and wants to know how to drop it an inch or two.

what is this 'put a link in to drop it down about 1"' and is this mod expensive?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts