Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

New RS-5 and home made license bracket

6K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  ajaygraci 
#1 ·
Well just finished for the most part installing my RS-5 SS/CF s/o and license bracket. I wanted the akra but there was no way I was going to pay that much for it, so I found this brand new for really cheap so I jumped on it. On to the pics.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks alot for the replies. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I havent had a chance to put more than 15 mile on it yet due to weather. As for the license plate holder I am very happy it only costed me about $40, and looks great.

#8 ·
I have my plate mounted the same way with a piece of aluminum. Had to relocate it after getting a ticket :(

Bike looks good.

#10 ·
looks great, love the exhaust choice, akras are overpriced as sh*t

#11 ·
In responce to Roybot, here are a couple pics. of what I did. Hope this helps. Did not use these exact ones but you get the idea.

#14 ·
BRIAN P -

I'm in the market for an exhaust, but still can't decide. I definately think the Yoshi looks the best, but I hear from a lot of guys on the site it's not the best sounding.

What's your opinion on the note of the exhaust now that you've had it for a little while?

I have had the Yosh RS5 now on two bikes an 03 600rr and my 08 600rr loved the sound and looks on the 03 so went with it on the 08 sounds and looks great no complants here. I actually I found it to be a nice deep sound compared to most other manufactures.

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the extra pics brian
So did you just wedge that license bracket into your exhaust bracket? or does it bolt on to it?

Also, do you have a clear or smoked tail light?

For now I just slid the bracket between the yoshi strap between the metal and rubber strap so it dosent scratch the exhaust, and then I just drilled a hole at the end of it so it can't pull out. Then it gets tightened down/sandwhiched together when you torque the yoshi bracket down to the subframe. I havent put to many miles on it yet but I will be testing it out tommorrow after work for the speed test. It wont be able to pull out no matter what the way I have it. As far as sound goes it is alot deeper than what you read on here. I dont know if they changed anything or what. All in all I am very happy. Almost forgot I have the clear tail light, got it off ebay for like $50.

#19 ·
final product. works great!!

#26 ·
I didnt want the license past the rear axle (have enough tickets)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.