Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Should we add a RIDING SKILLS/TECHNIQUES category???

• Yes

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 20 15.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to popular demand, the idea to add "RIDING SKILLS/TECHNIQUES" is currently under review. And to help make this decision easier on us, we have decided to leave this in your hands. If the majority agree that it's a good idea then it's a go.

One of the agruments against adding a new category is that we just have too many. And I would have to agree. There are actually a couple if not a few categories that we can do without based on their lack of activity. Personally, I feel we can replace Polls and Research with RIDING SKILLS/TECHNIQUES. Also, throw out some titles as to what we should call it. Or should we just leave it as RIDING SKILLS/TECHNIQUES?

Please feel free to share your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you,

Nemesis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobbyp600rr said:
Why not combine Maintance and Trouble shooting, that way you can keep Polls and research, just in case.
That's actually a good idea! When you think about it, most of those questions go hand in hand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah! Why don't we also make TWO sections under "Pictures & Video/Sound Clips"

-Motorcycle Pictures & Video/Sound Clips
and
-Non-motorcycle Pictures & Video/Sound Clips

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cvlighthouse said:
Yeah! Why don't we also make TWO sections under "Pictures & Video/Sound Clips"

-Motorcycle Pictures & Video/Sound Clips
and
-Non-motorcycle Pictures & Video/Sound Clips
Hey, thread hijacker!!!......LOL

· Registered
1,038 Posts
bobbyp600rr said:
Why not combine Maintance and Trouble shooting, that way you can keep Polls and research, just in case.
I like the first part of this. You can still get rid of polls and research. You would still be able to post polls, just post it in what ever catagory it is about. That would get rid of three for ya.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
why why why??? i agree, too many categories already and also the stuff thatll end up in it are gonna be stunt related or race track related... its just redundant!!!!

· The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,511 Posts
Do it!!!...

I don't see the sense of having all of thins info of techinical set up and mod questionaires, and what bie, and what gear...if when it comes down to it, there's no thread dedicated to knowing "HOW TO RIDE YOUR BIKE"!!!

Afterall....what's the sense of having all of this stuff if you don't know how to use it!

Put it in a whole differenet thread all together...I should be the most valuable topic anywayz!

· Registered
1,236 Posts
I put down an I dont care... But actually I do care. Can it be reversed??? That would be a good section I just dont start a lot of threads so I might not use it much. Good idea!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xcessiv said:
why why why??? i agree, too many categories already and also the stuff thatll end up in it are gonna be stunt related or race track related... its just redundant!!!!
How-to stunts should remain in the Stunt Section. This is geared to those who ride the street, track, and off roads.

There have been too many crashes, and though we cannot say it was due to the lack of riding skills/techniques it does raise a question.

There are pros and cons but from the looks of it, the majority thinks it's a good idea.

· Registered
930 Posts
  1. combine maintance and trouble shooting
  2. get rid of polls (those can go anywhere)
  3. add a DIY section
oh wait, what was this thread about again?

I think "how to ride your bike" belongs in EVERY area of this forum, so it doesn't need a section of its own.

Who's going to post in this new section? Doubt I would.

· I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,909 Posts
i say do it. after all that is what we are all about - riding. plus you could do away with polls and just make them appear together at the top of each thread they pretain kind of like a sticky

· Registered
739 Posts
+3

no polls section =(
combine maint. & trouble shooting=)
riding tech.=}

i like it but one place that is wierd is the FAQ section? it seems like threads go there to die. you see them same threads un posted for a week at a time why not put that one with the general discusion area? just my .02

lilguns

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.