Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Honda CBR600RR 2007 track bike for which I purchased SP Engineering GP Exhaust and I want to remove the catalyst. Will this help me gain more HP? Can affect the airflow/gas flow? Do I need the power comander? Also, the O2 sensor must be plugged into the new pipe or it is not needed? Thank you

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hello, I have a Honda CBR600RR 2007 track bike for which I purchased SP Engineering GP Exhaust and I want to remove the catalyst. Will this help me gain more HP? Can affect the airflow/gas flow? Do I need the power comander? Also, the O2 sensor must be plugged into the new pipe or it is not needed? Thank you
if you're getting an aftermarket muffler(no headers just muffler) and you want to delete the catalyic converter, purchase the MJS performance cat-delete pipe off their site. If its a full system you want to buy, just follow the instructions. Yes not having a catalytic converter will help free up some exhaust flow and you should "hopefully" gain a couple horses. But messing with the exhaust will make the bike more lean, and it is best to get a power commander or bazzaz zfi fuel module, to help smooth everything out. but yes it will affect the airflow a bit, but i take it you only got the muffler, so purchase the mjs cat delete mid pipe, and a power commander or bazzaz unit

·
Registered
156 Posts
Currently doing the same thing except I got the toce exhaust was told I need a servo buddy as well

·
Registered
648 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts