Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just got a cbr600rr and was looking for some resources for maintenance and tips on my new bike and I found this forum so I signed up and wanted to say Hi to everyone and maybe find some new friends to ride with... I'm located in the Los Angeles area.
I'm not new to riding, I started with a ninja250 a few years back, then upgraded to an sv650s moved out of state and sold the bike, I was waiting for the riding season to end so I could get a good price on a bike.
I got this 2004 cbr600rr with 4,450 miles clean title female owned. The owners had unexpected twins so she stopped riding, now they have another unexpected baby on the way so they needed the money fast. they where asking 4,000 for it so I went to check the bike, offered the 3,300 I had on hand and they agreed.

Some pics of the new ride...

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Welcome to the RR family of addicts

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
yes identical bikes

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
2003 and 2004 are identical, same with 05-06 and 07-08.

You will soon catch on that the 03-04 parts are interchangable with the 05-06.

Welcome to the RR addiction.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not stock

Nope, not stock.
I got the original fairings (red). Don't know why the guy didn't just painted over them but good for me, I have free replacements just in case (knocking wood hoping I won't need them).
I also got uninstalled frame sliders with the bike, I wonder how hard it would be to install those.
I'll do a search.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Damn... you got a SICK deal, congrats.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
welcome to the forum. sweet find and nice color scheme. i like.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, I have been riding it for almost a week already and I'm loving it, very different from the sv650s, more power to get you out of trouble ( or get you into it if you don't respect the bike), this thing has a great stopping power, it is a very nice piece of technology and it just feels right.
Love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts