Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 CBR 600RR

Well after 21K miles gonna get a new set of sprockets and chain for the Phoenix. Going 1 down 3 up, what do I need to buy to fix my speedo? Is there an easy fix? Or just put out the $$$ for the correct fix?

·
Registered
327 Posts
if your doing street riding, i would do 1 down 2 up.. with 3 in the rear, your RPM's are gonna be way High on the highway.. i'm 1 down 1 up and at 80.. rpms are at like 8 or 9..

but anyways, google Speedo Healer V4.. Many places sell them, so browse around..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow both units seem awesome! I guess I'll go with the SpeedoDRD it's half the price of the other and do the samething.

Now next question, where is the speed sensor on my 2009 CBR 600??

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Wow both units seem awesome! I guess I'll go with the SpeedoDRD it's half the price of the other and do the samething.

Now next question, where is the speed sensor on my 2009 CBR 600??
should be ontop of transmision, below the fuel tank

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmmm, dont seem to hard to get too. Ill take a look at it. But does anyone else know for sure where the speed sensor is on a 2009 cbr 600??

GOOD NEWS!: Went ahead and ordered my SpeedoDRD from motomummy, only $75 bones AND its close to Austin and Im only in Dallas Fort Worth area!.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
BTW your correction factor is going to be -14.3%. See the link in my sig for a little more info...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW your correction factor is going to be -14.3%. See the link in my sig for a little more info...

Wow awesome info! I knew my fellow 600RR riders would help me out. Question, what is the formula from % into .000? I gotta put in the ratio in decimals for my SpeedoDRD.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Your speedoDRD will ask for it as a percentage, to enter it just follow the instructions it came with, its easy to do. There is also videos on youtube for whichever one you have.

It will ask for + / -
then to enter in 14.3 starting at the most significant number.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SpeedoDRD came in on time, but when i plugged it in it didnt even turn on! I followed the directions and I didnt even get that flashing light when you turn the key into the on position. took it around the block and got a check engine light on while on my test ride. need help.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Can you take a photo of the plugs and what not, and which version of DRD do you have

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't take a photo anytime soon. But I have the H3 which is for my 09.
Trust me, they are plugged in correctly and the unit never powered up and I got a check engine light.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts