Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new stator, rr, and battery. I can crank the bike and it turns over. It runs for about 30 seconds and the rpms slowly die down until the bike kills itself. I have an 05 600rr. Please help

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just installed a new stator, rr, and battery. I can crank the bike and it turns over. It runs for about 30 seconds and the rpms slowly die down until the bike kills itself. I have an 05 600rr. Please help
Honestly if you look at my post i replaced both as well and was still having issues. I finally sucked it up and when to a shop and they preformed and Electrical diagnosis and tracked it down to an old GPS tracking unit that kept dragging my battery.

I regret changing the stator and regulator because that was $100 I didn't have to spend. The electrical diagnosis cost me $175.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I suggest you start the bike and read the running voltage on the battery. Does it decrease?
Is there any auxiliary mods or items that may draw excessive power? Grip warmers, phone charger etc.
Is there any draw on the battery while it is off?

Is it running smooth, or does it misfire while dying?
Does is stay alive if you give it some throttle?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Possibly a bad fuel pump? Do you hear it prime when you turn the key on? Not sure what the pressure is supposed to be or the best way to check it, I've never had to dig into mine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts