1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont think it is lighter 183KG is about 403lbs and the RR is 361lbs dry weight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My buddy has one, its a very nice bike. But I honestly dont like them. They have a really smooth clutch when changing gears. But the bike the way its setup, I feel like Im riding a dirt bike. Also I dont like the exhaust the way it is. Also its not a quick as my bike I dont believe!

I love my 600RR 100000000 times more!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nice commuter bikes... given the choice I'd probably take the Honda 599 (hornet) over the gsr600... it would probably come down to price & ergonomics as the deciding factor for me.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
that 599 is waaayyy overpriced!!! I would find a used Kawi Z1000....Sooo much hotter than any other naked bike out there!

I would do mine up like this!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thats a mean looking kawi

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
the new gixxer is sweet, but its a Gixxer, and thats the fundamental problem with it.

N

·
0 Posts
That's funny you should ask this cuz I went to the dealership to finally take a look at the 600 & 750 gixxers today.

You gotta see these bikes in person becuz the pics do not justice...blah, blah, blah

You got the steering damper and slipper clutch which is always a bonus. And the seat....oh my gosh I could sleep sitting on that thing.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Good God is that thing hideous looking.

·
Registered
739 Posts
One of the hottest bikes that I have ever seen!! I think this may be my next bike, unless honda steps up thier 07

Nemesis said:
That's funny you should ask this cuz I went to the dealership to finally take a look at the 600 & 750 gixxers today.

You gotta see these bikes in person becuz the pics do not justice...blah, blah, blah

You got the steering damper and slipper clutch which is always a bonus. And the seat....oh my gosh I could sleep sitting on that thing.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nemesis, thx for hijacking the thread :p

About the GSR600.. i just dont want to feel that its a downgrade from what i have. But i think it looks brilliant. Way nicer than the z1000 (which is my other option by the way).

I got mixed feelings... anyone have a solid opinion about the bike?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nemesis said:
And the seat....oh my gosh I could sleep sitting on that thing.
Sorry to help with the hijack, but... This was the hardest thing about finally marking the GSX600R off my list and going with the 600RR. The seat and the seating position on the Suzuki was absolutely amazing. So comfortable.

·
19,904 Posts
if i had to choose between a orange Z1000 and a Gixxer 600 or 750.
i think id take the Z on pure principle alone. A nd that principle is, real friends dont let friends ride gixxers.
Would you rather have a damn Me too, jack of all trades Gixxer, or something special thats really excellent ata few things, ie. track, show, etc...

Or... the other option, just keep your till after the summer and get the 07 600RR. Cause you know its gonna be nice.

·
19,904 Posts
...and yes ill admit, the gixxer does look bette ri person, pictures really dont do it any justice, especially in blk/red

1 - 20 of 50 Posts